Negative Splits for the first time! (Read 739 times)

EliBuford

Did some mile repeats for the first time of the season yesterday. Surprisingly, the were great! 

5:54, 5:39, 5:23. Intrasquad is this Saturday then races start next week. I think this is going to be a great last year of HS XC. 

Anyone else have an awfully good workout recently in preparation for races? 

Turbolegs

Congrats on the good run and all the best for your races!

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

EliBuford

Thanks

Nice job!  Make sure you keep your mileage up once school and the season starts.  Good luck!

DoppleBock

Interesting - I usually gauge my interval success at how consistent I can pop off intervals (With the correct effort level of course)

My guess is that you have increased you fitness by a lot and the 1st one was way too slow - The 2nd was probably close and the third was likely an all out effort?  My goal was to always keep the fastest / slowest within 5 seconds of each other

Still nice to see the speed and have a great season. 

Did some mile repeats for the first time of the season yesterday. Surprisingly, the were great! 

5:54, 5:39, 5:23. Intrasquad is this Saturday then races start next week. I think this is going to be a great last year of HS XC. 

Anyone else have an awfully good workout recently in preparation for races? 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Cool Jump Suit

Very nice!  Enjoy the other stuff in your last year of HS too!!

So bittersweet,
              This tragedy
              Won't ask for absolution;
              This melody,
              Inside of me,
              Still searches for solution.
              A twist of faith,
              A change of heart
              Cures my infatuation.
              A broken heart, 
              Provides the spark
              For my determination.

The Runner Life

well done!  What is your goal for the season?

EliBuford

well done!  What is your goal for the season?

Sub 17 is a goal for sure. Dropped 31 seconds today on a hilly course for a PR of 17:31