For those who wear Asics GT 2130s - mileage experiences? (Read 909 times)

A Saucy Wench

Vix - I would try another shoe and see. My personal thing with shoes is I like shoes that fail in ways that dont cause me injury. In otherwords, even though I get less mileage out of them, I like that the Brooks (for me and the way I run) fail first in forefoot cushioning. They start to feel "thin" on long runs and my feet feel tired, but nothing that lasts past getting home and getting the shoes off. Where I had other shoes that would fail with me developing shin splints rather rapidly on even a short run and needing to take a little caution into the next few days of running. I am super paranoid about my knees. I have never had a running knee injury (knock wood) but I was in a bad car accident in junior high and tore up my cartilage. 4 months of crutches, imobilizer and PT. Any shoe that gave me knee pain as its failure mode would be off my list permanently. Thats my paranoia. It really makes no sense as ALL of my running injuries are foot/ankle. Roll eyes Who said I am logical?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7