25 Years Ago in Runner's World (Read 914 times)

That was uhm, great Smile I like those winter breathing thingies, Bodybreathers, that rocks! LMAO Thanks for sharing!
    snooz_bar

I saw that last night. I actually remember that cover from my first incarnation as a runner. I got a hoot from the ad for the Bodybreather. Did anybody ever actually buy those things? It's the same sport but, it's remarkable the way some things have changed in 25 years. Wait,Trishie's 25? Damn, I'm old. Does any of the 40something & older folks remember a short story that ran in an issue of Runner's World back in the early 80's? It was science fiction story that took place in the near future. The world's oil supply had dried up & everybody had become runners since there were no more cars. Mail carriers were genetically engineered to enhance their running ability. It was pretty weird. I wish I hadn't thrown those old back issues out.
      Yes I do, Isaac Asimov.
      invisible

I need a Body Breather.... and one of those 100% cotton training shirts. Jason
        Yup! Gotta get some a dem dere 100% cotton training shirts. Smile
        90 percent of the game is not giving up.

Just Be

Nice find. This coach was on to MAF style training: http://www.runnersworld.com/january1983/slide6.html

Maggie & Molly

I've got to get me one of those treadmills (I guess I have to wear the nylons as well!!!!!!)

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Think I'll order some of those 100% cotton training shirts for my next long run. 25 years ago I was still reasonably young.
              USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010