I Was Chased... (Read 1180 times)

Nanorunner

I was chased by a wild turkey last week! The first time I had ever seen one and it was chasing me! I stumbled upon it when it's turklets (or whatever little turkeys are called) were crossing the trail in the park where I run. It must not have liked me getting that close to them.
    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

DID IT CAUGHT YOU? Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was chased by a wild turkey last week! The first time I had ever seen one and it was chasing me! I stumbled upon it when it's turklets (or whatever little turkeys are called) were crossing the trail in the park where I run. It must not have liked me getting that close to them.
        I think I must have been close to a red-wing black bird's next during my last long run...mama was following me for about a quarter mile. Made me a little nervous, as I couldn't really see her, but I could see her shadow and she was sort of hovering right above and behind me for a ways. I was a little concerned that she might attack me.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just Be

He's about 1 and still thinks he's a puppy and chases us around the house and grabs our ankles. Tongue
          My cat does that. He has claws and doesn't seem to know how to keep them in, so if I don't scare him before he reaches my ankles then he usually will end up breaking my skin. Tongue We tried those glue on claw covers but he seems to always shed his outer nail surface as soon as we glue them on! Angry
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My cat does that. He has claws and doesn't seem to know how to keep them in, so if I don't scare him before he reaches my ankles then he usually will end up breaking my skin. Tongue We tried those glue on claw covers but he seems to always shed his outer nail surface as soon as we glue them on! Angry
            Awww...silly guy. Chase is actually very gentle with his claws and teeth (at least he is now...when he was a bit younger we were all sporting random scratches all over our hands and forearms from the little bugger). It's funny how different some cats are with their claws. Our big Thor seems often to forget he has them and doesn't make much use of them. Our other male is also not bad. But our female is the worst--she's like velcro cat.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AroundTheHorn

me fail for not being able to upload pictures......
              Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
              seeEricaRun

Awesome

Two weeks ago a VERY large dog, doberman or something of that ilk, ran full speed down a driveway at me barking his head off. I was running in the street next to the sidewalk thinking I was about to be mauled. It stopped short right at the edge of the driveway - invisible fence. I didn't see but I bet there was a very sadistic owner ROTFL inside his living room. Was glad I had already pooped before my run.
                I was out running in BFE, NY and all of a sudden I heard some loud panting noises right behind me. I mean RIGHT behind me. I jumped about 10 feet and turned. Less than two feet away was this giant ... dog, I don't know what kind, but it was big - almost my height (5'1"), black and bolting straight at me. It's a frigging miracle I didn't pee in my pants - I guess I was too busy trying not to pass out. It stopped dead when I turned around and walked away. I guess it decided I was too boring to play with. I've been chased again by dogs twice already this week. I need to invest in some pepper spray. Or maybe just a gun. I am sick as hell of being chased, barked at and growled at. I haven't decided if the gun would be for the dog or just the owner.

TRIing to beat the heat!

LOL! I'm such a kitty lover and this post made me smile. I know it wasn't intended to produce smiles, but alas, I have a big 'ole grin on my face. I have yet to be chased by anything during a run or bike. I've been barked at by a lot of dogs on leashes, scared by two dueling birds, and have befriended a couple of very nice kitties during my runs... but I have yet to have a fury beast actually stalk me. Zoomy, that kitty picture is adorable! I'm a sucker for grey and orange kitties. Aw heck, I'm a sucker for ALL kitties!!!

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL