Twenty-Four Hours (Read 1426 times)

DoppleBock

I am working on becoming a semi-alcoholic - 2 time a day runner.  But sometimes I fall of the wagon and run 3 times 

(DB is just a fully-alcoholic, morning, noon, and night hobbyjogger).

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Oh roo roooo!

Wait, wait, wait--I volunteered in 2009 also and I remember the crazy girl who ran 120+ miles!  So I have seen you in action and know your real name, or at least the alias you ran under that day!.  As I remember, WG, you came with no crew and after setting the course record, you hopped (well, maybe not hopped...) in your car to drive yourself back to Chicago.  I remember thinking "wow, hope that girl has somebody to pry her out of her car w/a crowbar when she gets back to Chicago, as she will likely be permanently formed to the shape of her car seat!"  Evidently you DID manage to get out of your car then and do a whole lot of other stuff after that, too.

Holy cows, now you are REALLY a legend in my mind!  Looking forward to seeing you again.

Kalsarikännit

I drove 15 minutes then pulled into a parking lot, climbed into the back of the car and tried to sleep. It never happened, but I tried. The track 24 hour races leave me with terrible pain in my legs that I can't sleep through. I think despite the forgiving surface, it is just too much flat running.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

L Train

Yeah because it can't possibly be due to just running 24 hours.  JC you people are crazy.

xor

I drove 15 minutes then pulled into a parking lot, climbed into the back of the car and tried to sleep. It never happened, but I tried. The track 24 hour races leave me with terrible pain in my legs that I can't sleep through. I think despite the forgiving surface, it is just too much flat running.

You make it sound like a ton of fun.

I actually looked at the website for the Lakeland 100 the other day and wondered what it would be like to do one of those events.

Perhaps someone should just shoot me now ....

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I look forward to meeting you ~ My wife is 5'3 (My crew) and I am 6'3 we will be hanging out with a  6'13 blond girl with very small feet.

I seem to remember WG being more of a red head than a blonde. Don't know about the size of her feet, but her shoes were cool.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

< 16 hours to gun

Must be time for a been burrito for TB??

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

DB hit 100 miles in 15:36. I PR'ed 100k and started expelling great amounts of blood. I'm now walking. Good times.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Damn Jen. Keep moving. Seen the race Doc?

L Train

DB hit 100 miles in 15:36. I PR'ed 100k and started expelling great amounts of blood. I'm now walking. Good times.

Holy hell.  Update when you can. 

Kalsarikännit

Disappointment for both of us. Race is still going but we are long done. I was steady and feeling great through 80 when a billion problems hit at once. DB had some shin problems. I hit 100 mi and dropped. DB hit 200k and pulled the plug. The day started off great, so this stinks. More later.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Damn. Great effort from both of you though.

Still a great effort. Well done guys.

Feeling the growl again

Damn. Great effort from both of you though.

+1 and +1.  Heal up.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills