Finished My First HM! (Read 687 times)

Beware, batbear...

I ran the Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon Today!  Posted 2:04:54 and felt pretty good about that.  If I came in under 2:20 I was going to be happy, under 2:10 - proud, under 2:00 - elated!  I guess I'm somewhere between proud and elated!!!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Outside Lane

Awesome time!  Congrats!

See how they run...

xor

You are prolated!

Good job.

DLJ

Fantastic Effort. That is an awesome run!

Dwane

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

That is awesome! That's faster than I did a 15k on labor day! I'm shooting for first half on 11/8 and targeting 3hrs to finish. You did a great job and deserve to be proud!

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

RunsForCake

WTG Batensmack!

All your training really paid off!

Are you doing a full in December?

Beware, batbear...

RFK - That's the plan!

Thanks for the well wishes, all.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

CONGRATULATIONS, that is an awesome time for a first HM!
                  joe545

Also finished my first half-maraton on the same day as you. 2hrs 4mins 17 seconds. Although I wasn't in any shape to run the next day like you ...
                      Great job!! I'm hoping there's an outside chance I can get around that in my half next month.

Batensmack

Good Job man ... That was almost exactly the same as my first half 1 year ago today (2:05ish) and I think we both had lime 8 - 9 months runnig under our belt.

i just finished my 3rd Half at Erie today and did not meet sub 1:40 (not even in the ballpark) or even my original plan of 1:45 ; but came in at 1:46:45. (Detailed RR to follow in another thread if I dont fall asleep ... decided good idea to run 9.5 miles of Skeetermc's second lap on top of walking 2 miles to meet her at 1 point.)

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Well done... 13.1 is a biggy.  I bet you feel invincible now!

-------------------------------------
                          5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                          10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                          1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                          Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

redleaf

You are prolated!

Good job.

What he said!

Congrats!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is awesome--you are sure to go sub-2 on your next try!  Congrats on your big milestone race! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Excellent work, my friend.  

It's going to be a nice feeling when you chop just a few minutes off your time to come in sub 2:00!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus