Yooohooo?? where are you??? (Read 655 times)

I'm sending out an APB for my motivation. If anyone has seen it would you kindly return it to me? I'm having one hell of a time this week and could really use it back. Anyone else having the same problem? I just feel tired all the time right now. All I want to do is to stay inside, curl up with a book and sleep (sleepreading, it's the new sleepwalking). I changed allergy medicines and the new one has made me drowsy so I decided not to take it last night and am actually feeling a little better today so I'm still going out for 8. On top of that, Aunt flo is due for a visit soon.
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

Lia's Daddy

I am totally with you. I have been recovering from an injury so I have only been doing short runs but I can't seem to even muster those this week. I just bought a Garmin so that I would be forced to get back out and run. Hopefully that will carry me until the weather starts to get a little warmer.
      "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
        I'm sending out an APB for my motivation. If anyone has seen it would you kindly return it to me? I'm having one hell of a time this week and could really use it back. Anyone else having the same problem? I just feel tired all the time right now. All I want to do is to stay inside, curl up with a book and sleep (sleepreading, it's the new sleepwalking). I changed allergy medicines and the new one has made me drowsy so I decided not to take it last night and am actually feeling a little better today so I'm still going out for 8. On top of that, Aunt flo is due for a visit soon.
        if you don't mind me asking...what did you switch too?

uncontrollable

Are you currently training for a race? I am training for Boston and I can say this past week my motivation AND energy took a huge dip. Even if you are not training for anything - depending where you live ... the cold & snow & lack of sunlight just catches up with us at some point. For me, I took a couple extra rest days & bought a couple awesome books. KELLY

peace

SMART Approach

It is tough sometimes. It really is. BUT, there are always things that can get in the way.....kids, work, spouse, illness, tiredness, injury etc. Those who succumb to the excuses (and many are valid excuses) will lose interest and not be consistent. Those who will fight through or find a way to get out there even for 2 miles, will feel better and come back more motivated. Note: Don't push through injuries. I dealt with unmotivated people for 13 years in the fitness industry. Retention rates in gyms is very low. People are not patient and it is so much easier to not to exercise. Many have to really focus on a goal. This could be race, a leaner summer body, contest with a friend, break a mileage barrier, better health, the desire to not be unfit again etc. We all go through these periods each day of our lives. Nothing wrong with a day off or days off if overtrained. Sometimes you have no choice unless you don't sleep that day. It happens. Most of the time though we don't find the time or make it a priority. Fight through it.....you won't regret it. I think most people on this sight are fighters and pretty darn dedicated.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

The Greatest of All Time

Are you maybe a little overtrained? I have looked at your log but don't know what's normal for you. There is a fine line between being light on motivation and needing serious rest. I sometimes can't see it myself and have paid dearly in the past. There is nothing wrong with needing a good kick in the butt sometimes because it's hard work and as previously written, it's much easier to not exercise.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Any number of possible suspects here. you might be due for a cutback week how's your nutrition been? Any major binges or changes in diet? been getting enough sleep (my biggest challenge) non running related stress levels jumped recently? med changes There's always a cause for this sort of thing. Identifying it is the first step towards fixing it. TChuck brings up many good points.
                  if you don't mind me asking...what did you switch too?
                  Zyrtec. I took it when it was a prescribed med about 5 years ago and didn't notice this problem but now it makes me so drowsy that I can't stand it. I was taking Alavert which works great for me and doesn't make me sleepy. MTA: I took it easy on Wednesday and cut my planned 7 mile run down to 3 miles. I was feeling better at work on Thursday so I did my planned 8 today. I'm a fighter that's for sure but I'm a fighter who will take it easy tomorrow as well. In all honesty I probably should have cut my run down to 6 miles today. I just started my log on here January 1. Been running for almost 4 years now. A normal week for me is 20 miles. I'm base building right now so I'm aiming for between 20 and 25 mpw. I think next week I will be closer to 20 with shorter runs. If shortening the runs up even more doesn't help then I'll take a day off.
                  Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
                    Zyrtec. I took it when it was a prescribed med about 5 years ago and didn't notice this problem but now it makes me so drowsy that I can't stand it. I was taking Alavert which works great for me and doesn't make me sleepy.
                    Have you looked into singulair? I was on it for years. it works both for asthma and allergies. doesn't cause you to be sleepy. I wasn't happy with the zyrtec either way back when....but the fog would definitely drop the motivation to do anything...

Beatin' on the Rock

Anyone else having the same problem? I just feel tired all the time right now. .
                      Could it be the moon phase, cuz dang, ... me, too. Maybe we should pay attention to the full vs. new moon issue cuz it couldn't be TOM for everyone complaining of low motivation, could it, Confused Kelly>? Todd?? Marcus???
                      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.