it's the eponomy (Read 632 times)

I always find it amusing when I read a runner's name is "Fast" or "Quick" or "Hill" or whatever.

But, perusing the Southern Conference XC results from this weekend (go Wildcats), saw that Furman has a freshman, Tripp Hurt - who so far has a 25:15 so he's doing alright, but that's some name for a XC runner.

Any other good ones?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
    xhristopher

The London office for this place I worked at in the 90s had a guy named Harry Mole.

Last year's Baystate Marathon had a guy named Ryan Carrara run a 2:27:07...and I thought Carrara was close enough to Carrera (Spanish for "race") to find it ammusing.

Just a dude.

One of the better runners around here is named Harry Mann...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

My sister used to barrel race and she rode against a kid named National Champion once. Some parents Roll eyes

I know this doesn't count for this thread but one summer there was a kid at a couple of races that I ran who used the false name "Bruce Wayne" and wore a Batman costume during the race but changed into street clothes to collect his age group awards.

xor

I won't go through my long list of goofy names (Yoo Suk), but I will offer up one of my fb running friends.  Fanny Chu.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Well...

I don't think he was a runner, but my wife once had a customer named Richard Head but he went by "Dick" - had "Dick Head" printed on his checks and everything.

If my name was Richard Head, I'd be changing one of those names, not making it worse by using Dick.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

superspike113

Honorary Old

I met someone named Dick Raper before. We also had a substitute teacher back in my school days named Don Key.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

well I think if your name is Dick Head you just own it and go all in.

. We also had a substitute teacher back in my school days named Don Key.

We had a substitute who was missing her left arm from the elbow down, so we called her the nubstitute.

kk_kittenkat

I met someone named Dick Raper before. We also had a substitute teacher back in my school days named Don Key.

Way back when I was in uni I was assigned to teaching practice in a rough secondary school (high school for you Americans). My maiden surname was Cumming and my fellow student teacher at the school was Blowers.

"Mr Blowers and Miss Cumming are your new student teachers!"

You can image how that goes down with a class of 14yr olds!

kk_kittenkat

We had a substitute who was missing her left arm from the elbow down, so we called her the nubstitute.

And you found that funny?

And you found that funny?

Excessively.