Happy Dopple Bock Day! (Read 2167 times)

GO DB!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You'll ruin your knees!

"Go big American horse."

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

an amazing likeness

Every day is Dopple Bock day.

...that's what his treadmill said.

! ta-dum-da !

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Just read that whole thread.  Blew my mind.  What an incredible event and performance.  I've looked at DB's training records a few times and always through stuff like 153miles in one day was him just getting back from vacation and being lazy about updating for the past few weeks -- just lopping it into one day. . . 

Wow.

GO DB!!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

DoppleBock

Thanks - I just read this and feel more motivated to be good through the next 19 sucky days of taper.  Run less - Eat less - Drink more water and no booze.

I hope I can rekindle the good mojo.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

The community generated mojo is strong.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck DB!

steph  

You'll ruin your knees!

I hope I can rekindle the good mojo.

You can have all my mojo, as I am not using it.  GODB!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wow just simply amazing stuff.  Happy DB day. 

I would think Erics Birthday would be an RA celebration day as well and maybe Ben's great Boston run.  Has anyone run faster on this forum?

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Feeling the growl again

Wow just simply amazing stuff.  Happy DB day. 

I would think Erics Birthday would be an RA celebration day as well and maybe Ben's great Boston run.  Has anyone run faster on this forum?

Define faster.  Marathon?  There are a couple, at least, but as I am aware neither was run on the surface of the sun.  

(I'm more impressed with a 2:33 at 85 degrees than I am with a 2:26 at 50 degrees FWIW)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

I can't wait to see DoppleBock lay down some mileage this weekend.  The race starts at 8:00 am Central.  I will try to get in the first update around 8:30 pm, and then throughout the night.  This is the last race he will be able to run in order to qualify for the 2012 National Team.  For an open spot, he will have to be top three in the country in mileage.  Current top three mileage totals are 163.9, 158.53, and 142.08.  The gentleman with the 142.08 will also be racing.

Go DB!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Go DB!

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Feeling the growl again

Best of luck, DB.  I find your commitment to returning to racing shape inspiring.  I look forward to following the race.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, good luck DB!

steph  

Kick ass and take names DB!