First Marathon (Read 972 times)

Scout7

Well, I ran my first official marathon on Saturday (Baltimore). It was a learning experience, for sure. Mostly, no matter how much you study the course on paper, until you do it, you can never be 100% prepared for it. The hills in the late miles kicked my heinie, and the danged half mary and relay team people kept messing with my head by zipping past me so easily in that last 10K. Grumble grumble baseball bat grumble knees.......

You'll ruin your knees!

Woooohoooo! Way to go! You'll forget about the pain soon and start thinking about the next one... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Finished!

Congrats on the Marathon! That's a wonderful accomplishment, even if the hills kicked your heiney!
        Walk + Jog = wog.
        I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
        I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Woooohoooo! Way to go! You'll forget about the pain soon and start thinking about the next one... Lynn B
          Kind of like having a kid? Or so I've heard...

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kind of like having a kid? Or so I've heard...
            Heh...I have a good memory...we stopped at one! Wink Scout, great job on your race! You did it!!! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RainDropRunner

Totally cool Scout7....you rock! Hope you're back on the trail again soon... planning that next big run!

~RDR~

Congrats to you, marathoner! So--what is your next race?
                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

My dogs are fast, not me

Congratulations!!! Robin

Robin