Oldest Sprinter (Read 875 times)

Slice

This lady is amazing. I hope I'm half as active as her when I get to be her age. I loved this story so I thought I'd share.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/running-strong-24277101

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

keeponrunning

I'd be happy to just get to her age with my wits about me!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks for the smile of the day!

I saw this story on the news the other day!  Awesome!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

+1 on the thanks! Very inspirational. I was 61 when I started running. Hope I can follow in her footsteps!

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Gotta say, running has made me feel twenty years younger.  Maybe thirty, maybe forty,  I dunno.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Gotta say, running has made me feel twenty years younger.  Maybe thirty, maybe forty,  I dunno.

Gee, I have to agree. I should be ready for diapers (adult sized) in a year or so of more running!Shocked

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Gee, I have to agree. I should be ready for diapers (adult sized) in a year or so of more running!Shocked

Hmmm,, is that a good thing?

Love her!   Bravo, lady!  

aaww, what a beautiful story

Maggie & Molly

thanks. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363