The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

I'm Betty if you're Al

So, OP.....did you order the jacket yet?

Not yet...but meeting with my therapist tomorrow to discuss thanks to this thread. Hahaha.

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

bhearn

Well remember, sometimes a jacket is just a jacket.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Be careful - if the therapist tries to put you in a white jacket, check out exactly how the sleeves work before you agree.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I'm Betty if you're Al

Be careful - if the therapist tries to put you in a white jacket, check out exactly how the sleeves work before you agree.

BAH!  I gotta get wittier.  I thought I was rather quick with the comebacks, but this forum is putting me to shame.

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

TripleBock

True dat. 

Well remember, sometimes a jacket is just a jacket.

After my only time running Boston - I said never again ... but my dear sister is getting very close to getting her Q time - I may break that promise and run it with her.  When it happens - She will want the jacket - I will tell her to oder it ahead of time.  After working 6-7 years for it - It will be very special to her. 

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

True dat. 

After my only time running Boston - I said never again ... but my dear sister is getting very close to getting her Q time - I may break that promise and run it with her.  When it happens - She will want the jacket - I will tell her to oder it ahead of time.  After working 6-7 years for it - It will be very special to her. 

I suggest you don't let her read this thread.

TripleBock

I have not read the whole thread myself

But I see 4 reasons not to get a Boston Jacket

1)  The occomplishment means nothing to you (Personally)

2)  You hate to draw attention to yourself

3)  You feel its a waste of money - You can find much cheaper jackets

4)  You hate souveners

I am sure there are more - But all 4 apply to me

I can sympathize with the majority of people that really want a Boston Jacket - For my sister it will be a joyous occassion - Year's worth of work.  She is not really a look at me person - But loves souveners.  There are many, many reasons to get a Boston Jacket ...

When I decide to buy stuff, it isn't because I think someone else will think its cool or not - Screw everyone - I get stuff because I want it.

You think too much about it.

I'm Betty if you're Al

I have not read the whole thread myself

But I see 4 reasons not to get a Boston Jacket

1)  The occomplishment means nothing to you (Personally)

2)  You hate to draw attention to yourself

3)  You feel its a waste of money - You can find much cheaper jackets

4)  You hate souveners

I am sure there are more - But all 4 apply to me

I can sympathize with the majority of people that really want a Boston Jacket - For my sister it will be a joyous occassion - Year's worth of work.  She is not really a look at me person - But loves souveners.  There are many, many reasons to get a Boston Jacket ...

When I decide to buy stuff, it isn't because I think someone else will think its cool or not - Screw everyone - I get stuff because I want it.

You think too much about.---

I think we are straying away from the original question...not IF I should buy the jacket, that's a given.  But WHEN. 

A Saucy Wench

If you want the jacket buy it now. 

Jinxes are for baseball players. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

TripleBock

As I said in the previous thread - Unless you need something to do at the expo and like to take a chance at getting shut out - You buy it ahead of time.  That's what I would advise my dear sister ... some day.

xor

- Screw everyone -

This is how you get a 'reputation'.

This is how you get a 'reputation'.

Maybe she has the Joan Jett mindset.
                          xor

I tried to date her.

She had a black, black heart.

And she likes girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
                              HermosaBoy

I tried to date her.

She had a black, black heart.

And she Don't Give a F... About Her Bad Reputation!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob