Sorry, more help please? (Read 204 times)

SevenDeadlyShins

THUGLIFE

Hello again. First, sorry for blowing up the forums for one and two for creating a mass stir in the community. I did not intend for that in the first place. But I do got a question. I am a sociable runner. I don't know how else to put it. I like running with other people. But I live in a small town and away from the town in the country and I find myself always alone when I run. Not that is much of a surprise. But I know it makes running a lot more enjoyable when you got people to run with. There aren't any group running programs near me so that isn't a option. Is there any ideas or advice you guys could put out there. Or how to make your runs more enjoyable?

Bests...

1 mile: 5:44

2 mile: 12:48 

5k: 20:05

10k: 57:55 

I heard you're a player. Nice to meet you, I'm the coach. 

an amazing likeness

Being social doesn't have to mean you need to always have a buddy or group to run with, some ideas...

- Usually, no matter how off the beaten path you may be, there are some local running groups within a reasonable distance you can connect with every now and then for a group run.

- Look around for a local race series -- lots of these exist and are usually inexpensive ways to have a weekly training run with other runners.

- Social apps where you post that you're going to run, you go run, then you come back and post about your run and compare notes with all the other people who did the same.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

Edited to remove advice as this punk does not deserve help.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

GinnyinPA

Any local running groups?  You might be surprised. I live in a small town in a rural area and there is a club in town that puts on races and has early morning runs, a very active group in a town 20 miles away that advertises runs two or three times a week on facebook, a beer runner group (not Hashers, just folks that run twice a week and stop at a pub afterwards), and a trail running group that does Sunday afternoon trail runs.  I found the groups on facebook and they were quite willing to have more members.  A couple of other towns have groups that put on races and may do group runs, but don't advertise them. A running store in a town about 45 minutes away also has group runs.  Ask at your local running store if you can't find anything on facebook.

Pharmaceuticals make running more enjoyful for me, for i too run alone.

Megan29

only purpose was link to external site..

This low grade spam (Perkins great eastern run) has been appearing for a while, can someone make it go away?