33 yrs running on 4/22/09:Total mileage 68,593 miles (Read 1050 times)

Yea Nick! It's GREAT to hear you're doing well! I'm not the only guy who has benefited from your fantastic advice when I was starting out! It went something like, mmmm, let me think,,, oh yea - Run lots, mostly slow,sometimes fast. Or something like that. And most importantly, have fun doing it. Thanks again Nick. Come and visit more often . Smile
    Hey NJ Joe, I am glad you are still running. Great. My motto:Start easy: then back off. Rest days are required. And if you can't sing your favorite song while running--then you are running too fast. Slow but sure may not win many races--but if you are still running 20-30 yrs from now you are a BIG WINNER. Nick

jfa

Remember there is no finish line. Nick Smile

flatland mountaineer

Yeah Nick !!! Welcome back!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Nick! What a co-inky-dink! I've been thinking about you a lot lately while regaining stamina and endurance after a surgery in February. Just this a.m. when I was dying on a hill, I thought, "Well, I can walk 'cause Nicks says it's okay." Big grin Good to "see" you again, and congratulations on your achievements.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

HopkntnHereICome

If you have run 8 marathons you are doing something right. I suggest you talk to a fit Dietician. 5'5" and carrying 166 lbs works against you. BM Qualification will be a lot easier if you got down around 130-135. You have the rest of your life to qualify for Boston. Get some professional help with looking at what you eat/when you eat and why you eat. Once that is "fixed" your times will improve--w/o a lot of extra miles. Nick
            What clarity in your training thoughts!!! It makes sense now to me, I finished 6 out of those 8 marathons when I weighed 130 lbs. The best being 3:34. This was in 2002. Thanks for validating the need to get back to my 2002 weight. Made modest progress, I now weigh in 155.

The only way out is through- R. Frost I have miles to go before I sleep - R. Frost

Top 'O the World!

YAY NICK!!!! {{{waving wildly!}} SOOOO GOOD ta see ya back in here! Smile Wink Cool You have been missed by the masses!
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Queen of 3rd Place

There you are! I was thinking about you the other day. Figured you were still keepin' on... Arla

Ex runner