Things that really frost me! (Read 711 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So months ago I bought a nice pair of heavyweight Manzella stretch fleece gloves for running in the cold. I haven't really run into weather cold enough to need them--yet. When I first got them I washed them and threw them into the drawer with my running socks and gloves and stuff. Can you see where this is going? I can find ONE, but not the other. My next warmest pair of gloves is missing the mate, too, and I have torn apart our bedroom looking for the missing ones. Ugh! Am I the only one who deals with absent socks and gloves and things on a regular basis? I seriously think I will find some sort of storage unit specifically for running-related gear. As it is our stupid house has only ONE small closet (80+ years old...and we all KNOW a man designed this place) and my dresser is a small POS. How do you all keep track of small items like this? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Gee, here I thought this was going to get interesting, with all sorts of exotic pictures and stuff......Imagine my disappointment. I keep the stuff in my bag. Having ADD, I have to put things in the same place, every time, or I will lose / forget them. Oh, I'd check your SO's stuff. He might've stolen them.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I'd check your SO's stuff. He might've stolen them.
        I don't think he'd swipe my stuff, as my socks and gloves would be too small for him...but it would not surprise me if things like that would get lost amongst his stuff...I should dig through his drawers (the rectangular ones, you perverts!) to see if anything of mine might have ended up there. Speaking of ADD...we are currently having our son assessed...he has a real tough time staying focused on things, particularly in social situations or when there are lots of people around (he's naturally very gregarious, too, so his inclination is to entertain everyone in sight). He's also a tad more energetic than normal, so there's likely a little ADHD work going on. And I know there's a strong genetic component...I am super disorganized. Having a house with no practical storage is really a recipe for disaster, we have found. Our next house needs walk-in closets and I will demand a better dresser, too. Frequently our laundry doesn't get put away, since there's just not enough space to put everything--which doesn't help the missing socks/gloves issue any. I'm really thinking a cheap plastic storage unit with a couple of drawers might be in order--that would at least give me space for my favorite running gloves, undies, headwear, and socks. k

~ Sarah Kay

I read somewhere that when you die, at St. Peter's gate you are given all the socks,gloves, & housekeys you've ever lost. You could try moving. When you have to pack up all your belongings it's amazing the things you find. You could also buy new gloves. I find most missing gloves after I've used a new pair.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You could also buy new gloves. I find most missing gloves after I've used a new pair.
            That is SO true!!! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Not that it does you any good now since you can only find one glove .... but, in the future you might try pinning them together with a safety pin. Or even wrapping a rubber band around them both. I match my socks up and then turn them inside out to keep them together. I've also heard of people who pin their socks together so that's another idea. Cool
              ---- Cynthia
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That really is a good idea. Pinning them together *before* I wash them is probably the best idea! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

I match my socks up and then turn them inside out to keep them together.
                  Me too. Of course, you might then lose them both.. but, frankly, it's a lot less frustrating to lose both than to lose just one. (Of course, I always tend to lose just the left one, so I've got a stack of right-handed gloves lying about.) Angry
                    Me too. Of course, you might then lose them both.. but, frankly, it's a lot less frustrating to lose both than to lose just one. (Of course, I always tend to lose just the left one, so I've got a stack of right-handed gloves lying about.) Angry
                    I do the inside out thing too. My gloves, headband and hat are in this built in bench with a flip up lid located by the garage door. One of the best things we built! A little bench by the door about 7" deep to throw all the mittens and scarves in! I just throw my stuff in there too and then I always know where it is. I was thinking if you didn't have the storage, maybe do something like Scout7 and just put them in an empty duffle or something that you already have and is already taking up a space. My husband and I lived in a horse barn once (yep- complete with horses) and it was very very small. I know the frustration of not having enough room. Funny thing is, now that we have more room, we've filled it all up and we still "don't have enough room"! Big grin
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Funny thing is, now that we have more room, we've filled it all up and we still "don't have enough room"! Big grin
                      Pack rats! Big grin I have a feeling that would be us, too! Tongue I love that bench that you have. We are working on redoing our kitchen and back entry area and once we get things more in place I want my hubby to either build a bench like that or pick up one of the Rubbermaid ones--that would be perfect for running odds-n-ends. I think what I may do is find one of those plastic storage things (like for kids' rooms) at Meijer that I can set on top of my dresser. Something maybe with 2-3 drawers that I can sort things in. k

~ Sarah Kay