Amazing recovery from a cold (Read 923 times)

I have a history as a youngster of asthma. The asthma hasn't really bothered me for years thank God. However I usually don't do as well as the average person when recovering from respiratory infections. Symptoms started late Thursday. Was pretty sick for two days. Now Monday evening I was able to have a really high quality run. I still have just a bit of residual congestion but otherwise I am almost completely symptom free. I even played some football on my second day of the cold. I guess running must do a body good! (now thinking about it when I played waterpolo in highschool I would recover quicker from illness also)

Giants Fan

Good news!! I have always found when I have a cold I seem to feel better when I run (no matter how crappy I feel before I start running)

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Giants Fan

Good news!! I have always found when I have a cold I seem to feel better when I run (no matter how crappy I feel before I start running) Sorry--double post---1 year old go tto the computer

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

I have a history as a youngster of asthma. The asthma hasn't really bothered me for years thank God. However I usually don't do as well as the average person when recovering from respiratory infections. Symptoms started late Thursday. Was pretty sick for two days. Now Monday evening I was able to have a really high quality run. I still have just a bit of residual congestion but otherwise I am almost completely symptom free. I even played some football on my second day of the cold. I guess running must do a body good! (now thinking about it when I played waterpolo in highschool I would recover quicker from illness also)
          Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I make sure I go for a decent run. It has on more than one occassion, saved me from one. I spit a lot, and I think it clears it out of my system.

- Anya