Race number belt recs (Read 695 times)

obiebyke

I'm looking to buy my sister-in-law a race bib holder clipper thingy for Christmas. Anyone have a good recommendation, or can you point me to a previous thread? I couldn't find one.

Thanks!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have the Amphipod one.  It comes with a nice little pouch that's just the right size to carry a cell phone or gells or other small items.  I wish I could find mine, since a lot of my cold weather running gear doesn't have pockets, so I've ended up running sans phone and carrying my house key in my hand.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I have a FuelBelt one.  This one, specifically.  It's awesome for long races (used mine for a marathon) and cheap.  Held the number like a dream, and it was windy that day.  Also can hold up to ten gels, which is a bit ridiculous but useful.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

Don't overstride!

I like my Spibelt. It also holds gels cellphone and does not bounce as you run.

http://www.spibelt.com/

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I like my Spibelt. It also holds gels cellphone and does not bounce as you run.

http://www.spibelt.com/

+1 on the Spibelt

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

obiebyke

Thanks, all!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

garyspeed

spam