New Balance Shoes (Read 1217 times)

Champions are made when no one is watching

Just for more information, i went to the NB Factory outlet (LOVE THAT STORE) and tried on all the shoes mentioned above. Also they had a NB 1350 that felt/looked good and they were on sale 2 for $75...which was tempting. However, i ended up buying a pair of orange NB 1062 because they felt so good on my feet. They have as much cushion as the NB1223, but not the pronation control....so for me they were more comfortable.....i kind of liked the spiffy orange color too (I usually buy blue and white, so this was really radical for me)... The NB web site says that wearing the 1062 is "as close as you can come to snuggling with your shoes". sounds a little freaky until you put them on and realize it just might be true........ Thanks to everyone for your posts......you helped me out a lot........cant wait to run in them a ittle later this morning...... PS - this is couple hrs later and I just ran in them........they really felt good..........I'm glad i got them.....

Flat footer

I just picked up some NB1224's to replace my NB858's. I need a lot of support Roll eyes Mine new shoes are a spiffy orange too! I will have to go to the outlet after the holidays...
          I just picked up some NB1224's to replace my NB858's. I need a lot of support Roll eyes Mine new shoes are a spiffy orange too! I will have to go to the outlet after the holidays...
          NB outlet in Lawrence has them for $89.......I think that was their normal price.............

Flat footer

I got mine from runningwarehouse.com. I had a 20% off code so I got them for 102.23 with free shipping. I could have saved a few bucks @ the outlet store...
              I got mine from runningwarehouse.com. I had a 20% off code so I got them for 102.23 with free shipping. I could have saved a few bucks @ the outlet store...
              Yes, but yoiu would also have to drive there....so it almost works out in the wash......For you and for me the trip is about 50 miles (give or take), If you havent been there, then you should go - its a great store and the best part is there is alway a deal of some kind....... Big grin Big grin

JOHNMAGGIO

@ jules - No funny Black eye Hands down the best NB has to offer is 1062 for neutral runners. You should be able to get them cheap soon because they are being replaced by the 1063 in DEC 08. The 1224 is very very nice as well, but it is a stability shoe, not a nuetral shoe. Both have a new cushion system from NB called Abzorb DTS which is a layer of Abzorb (normal nb cushion), Then a layer of Abzorb SBS (non compression set cusioning (upgrade)). Then Abzorb FL which is a layer of the Abzorb that runs from heel to toe. In the forefoot they both have Abzorb SBS. The only key difference between the two is the stability feature that the 1224 has. Refering to the TS2, and Extended Web. Here are links to both. http://www.nbannapolis.com/new_balance/mens-br-new-balance-1062-br-ultra-cushioning-p-385.html http://www.nbannapolis.com/new_balance/mens-br-new-balance-1224-br-high-stability-p-357.html
                www.nbannapolis.com

Flat footer

The 1224 is very very nice as well, but it is a stability shoe, not a nuetral shoe.
                  Ummm... right. Thats why I wear them and John wears the 1062's