:heart: Head-over-Heels! :heart: (Read 733 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So my new shoes (New Balance 1000, wide width) are FINALLY here...and I wore them for my first workout--awesome, awesome shoes! I did 20 minutes or so of hills and another 15 as sort of an Easy/Fartlek run to finish...and my mile times were the best EVER (did over 2.5 miles of hills at a sub 8 minute pace--holy crap)!!! And NO knee pain or any other assorted discomforts. Man, I think it really was time for new shoes. As much as I liked my NB 845s, I think they maybe weren't heavy-duty enough for me (as I only got about 200 miles out of them before I started having issues--and I have a lot of wear on the bottoms because I'm a bit of a shuffler). The new shoes fit every bit as well as the old ones (maybe a bit better, since they don't have seams in the same spots and no rubbing issues that I can tell--a long run will be the true test). I feel like I'm running on clouds. I really love the vent that runs along the underside of the shoe, too--it's a strip of mesh that allows air to get to the bottom of the foot (definitely won't be a good shoe in snow, though, but by that time I will likely be looking at trail shoes to keep my feet drier and maybe give me a bit better traction on snowy/slushy roads and paths). Now I'm going to keep my eyes open for really good sales and clearance on this shoe--unless I run into any issues in the next couple of weeks I can definitely see wanting another pair of these in the future...might as well stock up when I find them cheap. k -- runner in love with her new shoes...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh great! Aren't we supposed to be running together in the near future. You are so going to kick my ass!!
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, but my run today kinda sucked. Hot, humid, bad blister on my right heel/achilles tendon area (I really hate my right foot--lefty never gives me any problems, but righty's always being a difficult little bitch). Now I have blood all over the inside of my new shoe.

~ Sarah Kay

That sucks! Good, you'll be back down to my snail pace though. Dan & Nate ran with me the other night. They crapped out & only wanted to run the 5mile loop. My times were 10:12, which is a miracle, but that usually happens when I run with Dan. I swear, he is trying to kill me...doesn't that usually happen after several years of marriage, not just one?? Anyways, they ran faster than me, but I ran the entire thing. They would run a mile, walk .25mi because they were out of breath. I'll never convince either of them that they are running too fast. I've tried to explain this to Dan a million times, but his damn stubborn Amish ass won't listen. And Nate asked me how I could possibly think I was gaining at all if I wasn't winded. I pointed out to him that he was saying this to the person who is 10yrs older than him & started out running a mile at a time & was able to finish a 15.5 mile race!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Boneheads!

~ Sarah Kay

Amen, Sister!! Speaking of boneheads. I have "The Bitch In The House" on audiobook right now, but it is a double set (didn't realize that when I checked it out at the library) and I just started "The Bastard On The Couch", as it is first on the disc's.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Interesting--I think that first disc is actually the sequel. I should get around to actually reading TBITH. k

~ Sarah Kay

It is the sequel, sort of. Actually, the man that wrote The Bastard... is the husband of the woman who wrote The Bitch... Not sure why they are in that order, but they are...
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I had read that the "sequel" wasn't as good as the original, but it will be interesting to hear your take after listening to the second book before the first. k

~ Sarah Kay

I'll let you know. Need to study for A&P class tomorrow, no audio books for me unless it involves dissection!