doughnut bacon sandwich (Read 291 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Cool Jump Suit

Maybe even just a bacon sandwich.  Or heck,  just bacon.....Smile

So bittersweet,
    This tragedy
    Won't ask for absolution;
    This melody,
    Inside of me,
    Still searches for solution.
    A twist of faith,
    A change of heart
    Cures my infatuation.
    A broken heart, 
    Provides the spark
    For my determination.

zonykel

At "Sesame Burgers and Beers", they have the

"memphis -  house made peanut butter, bacon & banana slices".

It was definitely the strangest burger I've ever had.

degregorius

Gene's  Sausages on Lincoln Ave. in Chicago has bacon maple sausages.  All the major food groups :-)

Gene's  Sausages on Lincoln Ave. in Chicago has bacon maple sausages.  All the major food groups :-)

The sausages are marinaded in beer?

SheCan

I could use this right about now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/06/03/dunkin-taking-doughnut-bacon-sandwich-national/2384201/

dunkin' donut bacon sandwich

I had to look!  I like donuts, I like bacon, but together, I'm not so sure.

I could use a nice bacon sammich though... 2 slices of Texas toast, some mayo, sliced tomato, cheddar cheese, and bacon (give or take the egg either way) would make my day!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

VooDoo Doughnuts in Portland, OR has bacon maple doughnuts. http://voodoodoughnut.com/

A Saucy Wench

I often cook my brats in beer, I see no reason the sausages couldnt be.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

VooDoo Doughnuts in Portland, OR has bacon maple doughnuts. http://voodoodoughnut.com/

They also have bacon maple beer.  It is horrendous.  Possibly the worst thing I have ever tasted.  Pour budweiser in a dirty ash tray and you've pretty much covered it

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xhristopher

Looks yummy. I'm counting down the days!

degregorius

An unfortunate oversight.  However, which kind of beer should it have been marinated in?

Boy, what is this obsession with bacon?  Friggin' bacon everything!  How did Bacon, which is around for so many decades, suddenly become the topic of so many food shows, the sole main ingredient served in every single entree at several restaurants(including desserts), and the food mentioned in 59% of RunningAhead posts related to food?!

I can only say that I like Bacon.  And I like Donuts.  But to combine "Sweets and meats" for me is a no-no.  2 Great things separate sometimes make something terrible when put together.    I mean I love Beignets(French/New Orleans style Do-Nuts)... and I love Brussels Sprouts too.   But I have no plans to try to mix the two...  

Main Point:  Crossing certain foods is like crossing the streams of the plasma rays in Ghostbusters.   Just don't do it....

Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I often cook my brats in beer, I see no reason the sausages couldnt be.

Brats when not pre-cooked in beer, onions, and Tabasco are not really brats.  They are just boring sausage that flares up like hell on the grill and ends up burned on the outside and raw on the inside.  I will judge people who don't boil their brats in beer.  Generally these are the same people who don't cook anything that isn't bland (hello, West Michigan Dutch).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Main Point:  Crossing certain foods is like crossing the streams of the plasma rays in Ghostbusters.   Just don't do it....

Big grin

I'm not so sure. One morning a while back I looked in the fridge and saw a tube of those Pillsbury crescent cinnamon rolls (the ones that come with the Cinnabon icing) and a package of pre-cooked bacon. Inspiration hit. I opened and unrolled the rolls, inserted a strip of bacon, rerolled, and baked them as normal. The result was borderline genius. Crunchy, gooey, salty, sweet, all the breakfast food groups all together.

Now I'm hungry.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

northernman

Fight The Future

Big grin

Agree. Nonetheless, I would be willing to try a Cronut