Superstitious Question (Read 806 times)

Member Since 2008

If this happened to you, what would you do? I completed a random run through my neighborhood and when I got home I loaded the run on the RA map and came up with 6.66 miles. What would you do? A. Forget about it. B. Cheat and add one tenth of a mile. C. Put your running shoes back on and run arond the block.
    derek

Maybe I'm missing something, but is it that you don't think it's actually 6.66 mile? Or is that you don't like the idea of a run being three sixes? I don't use the RA map, but rather, I depend on my Garmin. If my Garmin gave me a distance of 6.66 miles, then that's what I log. I would never do option "C" I would never do option "B" in that I don't fudge my distances.....the only person you would be cheating in yourself.

Derek

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If this happened to you, what would you do? I completed a random run through my neighborhood and when I got home I loaded the run on the RA map and came up with 6.66 miles. What would you do?
        A. Forget about it. There are some biblical scholars who believe that 666 was a mistranslation and that it should actually be 616. Due to the 616 area code, this would make the entire western half of Lower Michigan a dominion of evil. You folks *cough* zoom *cough* zoom *cough* know who you are.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Or... D. Just accept the fact that you are the spawn of Satan.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A. Forget about it. There are some biblical scholars who believe that 666 was a mistranslation and that it should actually be 616. Due to the 616 area code, this would make the entire western half of Lower Michigan a dominion of evil. You folks *cough* zoom *cough* zoom *cough* know who you are.
            My area code is 231--but Andrea's is 616. This explains much. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My area code is 231--but Andrea's is 616. This explains much.
              Man, I hate area code changes. Sometime since I moved from MI in '93 my hometown changed from 517 to 989; I'm still bitter.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Fugettaboutit .. actually, and tell everyone I knew Big grin
                2009: BQ?
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, I hate area code changes. Sometime since I moved from MI in '93 my hometown changed from 517 to 989; I'm still bitter.
                  Growing up my area code in WI was 414, like most of WI. Now it is 920. I hate that when I call my folks I have to dial some "foreign" number... Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I hate that when I call my folks I have to dial some "foreign" number...
                    Yeah, 989 makes me felling like I'm dialing a number that I shouldn't be calling... Clowning around

I bet if you remap it, or redraw a corner or two you could easily make it 6.65 of 6.67. Tongue
                      JakeKnight

I'd just round up to 7. What? You guys don't do that?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

Member Since 2008

You'all crack me up.

madness baby

You callin me a cheater??!!!!
                            deb
                              Last year I picked up a bib for a race on June 6 (date: 6-6-06). My bib number was 667. I honestly think I would have skipped the race if my bib number was one lower.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Option D: Save the map and run it every day. I think it's great. Smile
                                http://www.deardick.com