Marathoning is bigger than we think... (Read 712 times)

Scalpers enter race, cash in on runners. While not totally unexpected, it's the first I've heard of it.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Scout7

Wow... That's just.....sad.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The stupid ones are those who would pay more than standard entrance fees to race. If it's full, find another race and leave the scalpers in the red. Scalpers wouldn't pay the fees if they weren't certain that some dumbass was desperate enough to buy the spot. There are so many other marathons out there that don't fill up, so why would anyone pay more than face value? Edited because I can't type.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Monkey registrations are now available for just $600...any takers?
          PWL

Has been

Monkey registrations are now available for just $600...any takers?
            Be careful or I'll tell the race director on you...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

mikeymike

Wow... That's just.....sad.
              On so many levels...

Runners run

Another Passion

And I thought 500 bucks was outrageous for anyone to pay for a Michigan v. Ohio State ticket! Confused

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

The voice of mile 18

active.com is filled with people selling their spots or looking for one. this is why triathlon has such a no selling policy which also sucks

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Reminds me of that old proverb: A fool and his money are soon parted. I'd find another marathon before I paid a scalper for entry, but that's just me.
                      I don't see how this works with registration. Confused I can see some young dude running as a 70 year old lady. modal (Race Entry Broker) I personally don't have an issue with scalping. If it's an issue, the original industry should raise their ticket/entry prices.

Vim