Posterior shin splints, my ass! (Read 1040 times)

Puffer, not huffer

Who's idea it was to wear the orthotics in the stability shoes? This could be too much and causing you to overcorrect. Something to ask your doc about.
    It was my podiatrist's idea. Perhaps I should go see another one when I finally get some health insurance. Luckily, the pain appears to be pretty darn manageable these days. I'll be headed to a running store once I get some more miles on my shoes to see what they recommend. I can't really afford a brand-new pair of shoes right now, but sometime in the next few weeks.
      Who's idea it was to wear the orthotics in the stability shoes? This could be too much and causing you to overcorrect. Something to ask your doc about.
      Okay...so I took my orthotics out of my shoes and had many issues...foot dr. (new) cast me for a new set of orthotics and recommended to put the orthotics back into the shoes. (asics 2120s). Since then, I have been able to run so much as to make this month my second highest mileage month (so far) and I only started going back out again in the last half of the month. (I know, my mileage is pathetic compared to all the super runners). ANOTHER recommendation he gave me was to purchase some shin braces. I bought a pair of Bioskin Calfskins and have been wearing them on all my runs. they have helped immensely with the shin issues. laineT, you may want to consider these. (I chose the bioskins because they don't have neoprene or latex in them). So...bottom line, experiement....stretch a lot, use ice and heat alternating and take it slow... mta - looking at your log...you may be cranking the mileage up too fast....consider backing off a bit for a week or so...again...experiment...