The 53 Runner’s Commandments (Read 1536 times)

finney

Resident pinniped

#21 Mine does. If I don't run, my back/hip/piriformis all (*^ up again in the span of 2 weeks and I'm back on the painkillers. Once I start that spiral, it's hard to get out of it. Plus, I just really don't enjoy pain and not being able to walk. If I ever don't feel like running, I just remember the alternative.
    obsessor

28. If you say, “Let’s run this race together,” then you must stay with that person no matter how slow. I say more like,"Let's help each other." thinking, <you cut="" through="" the="" wind="" for="" me,="" and="" i'll="" wait="" for="" you="" to="" tire,="" then="" pass="" you="" irrevocably="" later="" on.=""></you>
        28. If you say, “Let’s run this race together,” then you must stay with that person no matter how slow. 29. Think twice before agreeing to run with someone during a race. I've done 28 twice. I've done 29 also, but always end up back at 28. Black eye Marathon #1--DH and I trained and ran together. He, because of lackadasical training, started cramping up at about mile 18. As much as I wanted to run off ahead, I stayed with him and walked/ran. At mile 23, I TOLD him we were running the last three +. Marathon 2--He did not run, so I did not have to worry about #28. Marathon 3: (Precursor to this--I had told DH that I wasn't waiting/walking this time--he was going to be on his own if something happened). DH's knee gives out at about mile 5.5. He told me to go on ahead, that he would be fine and would finish whenever. Part of me wanted to, but the other part knew that he would hop on the bus o' shame back to the start if I left him. So began our walk-run marathon. Mostly walk. Until the last 1/2 mile (we were not going to walk across that finish line). Big grin
        Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
          I like #5. I have 3 kids and sometimes I meet myself coming and going. I am really going to be better about keeping the promises I make to myself.
          Lookin' back at my background, tryin' to figure out how I ever got here...
            48. Never tell a runner that he or she doesn’t look good in tights. I need to tell my husband this one, he just can't keep his mouth shut when we go to races and he sees someone wearing tights. This moment usually requires a quick elbow to his gut before he finishes his sentence. Roll eyes

Michelle

finney

Resident pinniped

48. Never tell a runner that he or she doesn’t look good in tights. I need to tell my husband this one, he just can't keep his mouth shut when we go to races and he sees someone wearing tights. This moment usually requires a quick elbow to his gut before he finishes his sentence. Roll eyes
              I'm fortunate on this one...my husband looks amazing in tights, and even though they're not my favorite piece of gear, I look OK in them too.
              PudgyRunner

Learned #33 the hard way. Thanks for posting!

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Very nice. Thanks for posting this!
                  ~ Fly ~
                  Only as much as I dream can I be.
                  veggies on the run
                    #11 is a biggie for me. oh, and number 2. OH, and number 53 is always true!!

- Anya