Jogging Stroller Recommendations Needed :) (Read 1637 times)

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and am looking for a jogging stroller. I know it's early since I apparently can't use one with my baby until she's 6 months old but my mom wants to purchase this for me so I'm trying to help her find one I'll like Smile.

The thing is, we're looking for one at $250 or less. I usually run around 20-25 miles a week when not pregnant but probably will only need to use it 1-2 times a week depending on my husband's schedule. Any suggestions?

Bob.

And they're not cheap.  I don't know the price anymore (used to work at a running store), but the people that had them swore by them.  But they were over $250.

That having been said.  They are pretty much the best, but that doesn't mean that there aren't alternatives out there that can get you what you need for less.

Jeff

Try doing a search on this site.  There was a thread about this topic a month or two ago.

sarabiz

Definitely Bob, and it should be easy to get it used if cost is an issue.  REI also has deals a few times a year where you can get them 20% off, which is generally the best you're going to do.  I personally have the Bob Ironman, which I love, but it is for running ONLY.  The front tire is large and does not swivel, so if you want to use the stroller for something other than running, go with the Bob Revolution.

Definitely Bob, and it should be easy to get it used if cost is an issue.  REI also has deals a few times a year where you can get them 20% off, which is generally the best you're going to do.  I personally have the Bob Ironman, which I love, but it is for running ONLY.  The front tire is large and does not swivel, so if you want to use the stroller for something other than running, go with the Bob Revolution.

I forgot about going used.  Obviously, people only use them a few years.  Check ebay. 

Jeff

runjanerun

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and am looking for a jogging stroller. I know it's early since I apparently can't use one with my baby until she's 6 months old but my mom wants to purchase this for me so I'm trying to help her find one I'll like Smile.

The thing is, we're looking for one at $250 or less. I usually run around 20-25 miles a week when not pregnant but probably will only need to use it 1-2 times a week depending on my husband's schedule. Any suggestions?

Jogger II's have an infant adapter (metal) that allows you to put the car seat into the stroller and run with them younger then 6 months old.  

stivnik

A colleague and fellow runner of mine found a Chariot stroller on Craigslist.  Those are not cheap, but they are convertible for running and biking.  If you compare prices, check that they include the same components.  Based on what I heard about his search, the resale value is strong, so deals are not easily found.  Good luck, and keep running (or biking)!

Andi S-ski

Get a BOB with a car seat adapter and you can use it from day one.  They cost more than the $250 but they are so worth it and you won't need any other stroller.  You can use it as your everyday stroller and/or travel system.  I have the BOB Revolution.  I run about 60-65 miles per week.  My husband runs about 90 miles per week.  We both use it and we could have never gotten all of our miles in without it.  I did my first run with my son when he was about 2 and a half weeks old.  He's now 18 months and he still loves it.

also check into the phil and ted.  We have one and it is amazing and really easy to push as well.  The front wheel can also swivel or you can lock it.

2009 Goals...:
                    -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon

I can't believe I'm visiting threads like this, with keen interest.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I can't believe I'm visiting threads like this, with keen interest.

You never know...

Treadmill Addict

Chariot. We have both the single and the double, and they were expensive. But every time we use them, we realize they are built super well. You get what you pay for. Bobs are great too, from what I hear. I use our Chariots as bike trailer, running stroller and regular stroller. I love them.

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

runnergirlmommy

BOB for sure.  I have had mine for over 6 years now.  My kids are pretty tall now so barely fit but they still love to go for a run with me sometimes.  Weight wise the stroller still holds them and is just as good as it was when I bought it.  Definitely worth the money.  It was the one time I could get peace and quiet with my son after he was born.  He loved the stroller and fell asleep every time.  Long enough for me to run and then sit to have some coffee afterwards as long as I didn't move him from the stroller!  Good luck and congratulations!

We have a Bob Revolution that I use nearly every day to run our daughter to daycare.  It's great, I highly recommend it.  Also, we started running with her in the stroller when she was around 3 months old, despite what the recommendation says.  

Ok, I'm in.  And to think I might actually get more sleep AND more miles.  

Looks like Bob's the winner.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus