Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

A little late, but thyought I'd tell you about my recent victory last Sunday 10/4/09.  

I broke 21 minutes in a 5K, running a 20:51 and knocking 35 seconds off my PR and on top of that, took 3rd place to win my first medal.  At 56 to keep getting better is quite an accomplishment, aalthough, I've only been running for 6 years now so my body isn't as beat up as some fo you lifelong runners.

Larry 

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

John & Larry,    as another over 50 ag runner (54) , you guys are my idols!
      KBT

Easily Amused

I ran 15 miles this week. Previous high was 11.8 and that included a Labor Day 10K.
        I ran 5 out of 7 days.

I did my first 5-mile run.
        At no point did I think or even wish I was going to die.

It's been a good week!

My blog: http://www.follyorfeasible.com
          20 minute pr today for my half. 2:02:58 was my finish time. Also a 30 min improvement over my May half.
            Two milestones for me in two days.  Yesterday's run put me at the highest milage for the week at 21 miles.  Today's run was my first double-digit run of 10 miles.

I guess a third success is that we finally found a jogging stroller for $45 so now my wife and I can start going for runs together.

great job to all!     for me 36 mpw.  highest in over 25 yrs!
              JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Qualified for Boston!
                RunsForCake

Qualified for Boston!

Woo Hoo!!!  Now that is a BIG victory!  Big congrats to you!

HappyFeat

I'm only 20 miles behind my Pace Bunny as of today. I ran 6 milers yesterday and today. My usual lately is 4 or 5, so running 6 twice is a milestone. The weather was absolutely perfect both days.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Got my run in when I really didn't feel like it. Came about as close as I can to bagging the run without actually skipping. I've been fighting some post race doldrums lately. When I was debating on what to do, I simply told myself "This is how you get to Boston", put my feet on the floor at 4:15 this morning and was out the door 30 min later.

There's something magic about having my running, showering and having breakfast all done before 7:00 in the morning.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Qualified for Boston!

Heck yea! Way to go!!!!

I got out  and ran 3 miles this morning.

The back story: I ran the worst 5K ever on 9/13 after training all summer and hoping to have a PR. My time was so horrible I didn't even log it.  Then I got sick. And I stopped running. And got depressed. So, I gave myself a swift kick in the *ss, and just ran. My month off is over.

So now that is behind me and I'll start getting my log back to decent shape.  

I ran 10 miles this weekend for the first time in...I don't even know how long!  Woohoo!  I'm psyched!

So now that is behind me and I'll start getting my log back to decent shape.  

Good for you!!!

RunsForCake

I ran 10 miles this weekend for the first time in...I don't even know how long!  Woohoo!  I'm psyched!

Awesome!  You are on your way for the Clearwater Marathon!  *claps*

BTW, my husband I discussed the race and I doubt I can make it this year.