Hernia Surgery went well! (Read 823 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Don't sneeze. That hurts. Smile
    Yeah, right up there with coughing and laughing...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Member Since 2008

Take it easy and rest for us Jeff. You'll be back at it soon.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thanks for your kind words everyone! Feeling better. And finally, after way too many days -- a #2. Things are getting back to normal. Big grin /TMI

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And finally, after way too many days -- a #2.
          Phew, I'm sure you feel better now! That might be the very worst side-effect from surgery and pain meds--the way stuff gets slowed-down. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

tmi
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Back in business baby! I had my first post-op "workout", a 1.5 mi walk this morning. Felt pretty good, and the steep hill actually made my heart rate climb enough to make me feel good about it. Resisted the temptation to try to jog a little, which is big for me. I still feel like I've shrunk about 3 inches, because I can't easily stand completely straight up. Feels good to put something in the log other than "Hernia rest day". Big grin

Back in business baby! I had my first post-op "workout", a 1.5 mi walk this morning. Felt pretty good, and the steep hill actually made my heart rate climb enough to make me feel good about it. Resisted the temptation to try to jog a little, which is big for me. I still feel like I've shrunk about 3 inches, because I can't easily stand completely straight up. Feels good to put something in the log other than "Hernia rest day". Big grin
                Thats AWESOME, Jeff!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome back! Keep up the good work of healing up! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ok, this should be my last hernia report, unless something bad happens. So no news = good news. Went on my first actual run today. It's been 12 days the surgery. I started walking last Wed. Doc said, "Go ahead and start jogging, nice and easy. Maybe a mile, mile-and-a-half to start out with." So naturally, I went 4.3. Cool The good thing is that I hurt in all the right places, and none of the wrong. Big grin And the right places didn't hurt too bad either. It was a much slower run than usual, but that's to be expected. The only bad thing is that I ran stooped forward, since everything in the tummy region is still tight, thus preventing me from running in my normal upright posture. I can imagine this wreaking havoc with my back and form if it goes on for too long, but I think it'll get a little better each day. Cheers, Jeff

So naturally, I went 4.3. Cool
                      Naturally. Glad that you are back to running. Keep it slow, dude. We don't need another injury report.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Ok, this should be my last hernia report, unless something bad happens. So no news = good news. Went on my first actual run today. It's been 12 days the surgery. I started walking last Wed. Doc said, "Go ahead and start jogging, nice and easy. Maybe a mile, mile-and-a-half to start out with." So naturally, I went 4.3. Cool The good thing is that I hurt in all the right places, and none of the wrong. Big grin And the right places didn't hurt too bad either. It was a much slower run than usual, but that's to be expected. The only bad thing is that I ran stooped forward, since everything in the tummy region is still tight, thus preventing me from running in my normal upright posture. I can imagine this wreaking havoc with my back and form if it goes on for too long, but I think it'll get a little better each day. Cheers, Jeff
                        Slow and steady, don't rush things! Running will be here waiting for you while you heal.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, I do need to apply a little restraint. If it weren't for the fact I was going to be late for work, I would have kept on running. But I will say this, -- I kept it slow and didn't push myself at all.