Do not add new features, mashups existing ones (Read 1617 times)

Ponyo2000

Hello,

As you can see here : https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aik35oIYdqgNdGxLWkYxNTBzMWZKVjZWVnVyTkVpV0E (in french sorry) I tried a lot of application to find my favorite and I almost find everything in RunningAHEAD but not together...

I found that :

- edit map is very important (a bad point and your 3 hours training is f***d up cause the run is no more an 5k but an 4500k with a very good pace, you beat almost all airplanes ...) and you have the tool but only for course, can you adapt it to edit GPS log sent to the website ?

- I have an Garmin FR60 and you support GTX and GPX, why I can't say that the heart rate of the run recorded by the android app or this particular GPX is this GTX file with contains only heart rate. (I found this feature only in runkeeper but with very few format)

- some people (me) don't want post on twitter, facebook, share with the world where they live, the schedule of outdoor activities, etc. You have a lot of option to satisfy me but in multiple places. Why not add just a button "I'm paranoid so don't share anything( but I trust you enough to compute my data)" ?

I have to test your website and your application more further and congrats for what you have already done.

And yes, I know, I better stop looking and testing all those apps and just run Smile

I can't help you with the first two points, but I'm pretty sure the default settings of the log are to have the log private and to not post to other sites.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Your log is not public unless you choose that option so noone here knows where you live. Even if you make your log public, you can still choose tokeep the route maps private.

If you have an FR60, you can upload its data via the Ant Agent and get all your data. I use an FR60 with HR monitor and foot pod.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Ponyo2000

Whooahh, very cool, a forum where I have answers Smile Some forum are dead, I'm happy to see happy users here.

Bonkin : I found those button but I have the feeling that there is a lot sparse in the site and not a central one. But it's just a feeling.

Burnt Toast : So you're using the RunningAHEAD android app and add the HR data on the map after sync? Do you export from connect.garmin.com or the Garmin Training Center?

Burnt Toast : So you're using the RunningAHEAD android app and add the HR data on the map after sync? Do you export from connect.garmin.com or the Garmin Training Center?

I'm using my FR60 with the Garmin HR monitor and foot pod. If you have an FR60, why are you not using a Garmin HR monitor?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Ponyo2000

I'm using the Garmin HR monitor but I want all my data in on place. Especially to see the HR history on my map.

eric :)

Hello,

As you can see here : https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aik35oIYdqgNdGxLWkYxNTBzMWZKVjZWVnVyTkVpV0E (in french sorry) I tried a lot of application to find my favorite and I almost find everything in RunningAHEAD but not together...

I found that :

- edit map is very important (a bad point and your 3 hours training is f***d up cause the run is no more an 5k but an 4500k with a very good pace, you beat almost all airplanes ...) and you have the tool but only for course, can you adapt it to edit GPS log sent to the website ?

You cannot currently edit maps imported from GPS.  The main reason is to ensure data consistency.  Editing a data point changes its position, which also changes the pace.  The most obvious reason to allow editing of GPS data is to fix wrong GPS readings but someone will use it for something else and I need to ensure he doesn't mess up his data.

- I have an Garmin FR60 and you support GTX and GPX, why I can't say that the heart rate of the run recorded by the android app or this particular GPX is this GTX file with contains only heart rate. (I found this feature only in runkeeper but with very few format)

You can see your heart rate and other data collected by your GPS in the graph tab of the workout.  RA currently does not show your heart rate info on the map but may do so in the future.

- some people (me) don't want post on twitter, facebook, share with the world where they live, the schedule of outdoor activities, etc. You have a lot of option to satisfy me but in multiple places. Why not add just a button "I'm paranoid so don't share anything( but I trust you enough to compute my data)" ?

Your data is private by default.  You have to explicitly make your log public in order for other people to see it.  You can also set a password for view access so only people who knows this password can view your log.  If you want to publish your log on Facebook, you have to explicitly enable it via the RA FB app.

Ponyo2000

1/ If someone wants mess up his data well ... it's his data. Who cares? Ability to correct bad point in GPS data is a go/no go for me.

2/ My GPS doesn't get HR data. That's the point. I have a device wich record the GPS data (your android app) and I have another one wich gather HR data. How do I mix them? How do I say, you have the GPS data, take this file it's the HR data for the same race?

3/ Thanks.

eric :)

1/ If someone wants mess up his data well ... it's his data. Who cares? Ability to correct bad point in GPS data is a go/no go for me.

2/ My GPS doesn't get HR data. That's the point. I have a device wich record the GPS data (your android app) and I have another one wich gather HR data. How do I mix them? How do I say, you have the GPS data, take this file it's the HR data for the same race?

3/ Thanks.

I care if someone messes up the data because I'm the site maintainer.  Few support requests mean less work for me.

Combining data from multiple data sources is possible, although I'm not sure how hard.  Unless there are other users finding the same need, this request will not be fulfilled.  I doubt you can find any other software that lets you do this because it's such a unique use case.  I am open to bribes Wink

nolancaster

You can edit your GPS data with a text editor and use the file upload feature if you really want.  I've done it a couple times when my heart monitor has wigged out on me and it works just fine.

Ponyo2000

I will probably write my own script to mix tcx from garmin and gpx from gps android app ...

I found some scripts online to start.

Thanks anyway for all your work, you have a nice piece of code here!