Most expensive shoes ever? (Read 1098 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Newtons are high dollar too. I pay $90 for my Asics 2130's and I think that's pricey.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
    kcam

Calijem08

This is my first marathon, and I love Asics, but I think the salesperson sold me the most expensive shoe! I got the Kayano 14, for $135, they do feel great, and supporting, but my next pair of shoes wont cost that much! Since I probably wont be wearing the Kayano for the marathon, they will have probably worn out by then. I will get a cheaper Asic.

The price of a shoe has nothing to do with quality, just with the amount of support it offers. Just find what works for you and go with it. Thankfully, I wear fairly neutral shoes that retail for $70-$90 (not that I pay retail very often.) Unfortunately, after my wife got plantar fascitis, she needed the $130 shoes. At least she doesn't go through as many pairs of running shoes as I do. (She more than makes up for it in random shoes. "But they were cute so I had to buy them," she tells me.)

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)