Request: Goal Mileage (Read 1298 times)

kamalah

I think that a nice feature would be adding the goal mileage for the week, and being able to compare it to actual miles run.
    Fred.Just Fred

The Internut

I think that a nice feature would be adding the goal mileage for the week, and being able to compare it to actual miles run.
      I have a similar request, except I'd prefer a monthly goal display. On the site I am migrating away from, the individual's summary page has a "thermometer" gauge that displays the mileage (other goals, such as calories, time, etc. can be used) goal, the current status, and the monthly pace toward that goal (it includes verbiage such as "below goal" or "exceeding goal") as well. I created a screen shot of this but can't paste it into this message. I may try to send it to Eric by separate mail. This goal/pace indicator is the only thing missing from RA that keeps me from switching over immediately. Fred

I'll have days when I don't think I can run a marathon. I'll have a lifetime to know that I did.

Scheduling workouts will be coming with the next version of the log.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Grand Master Funk

Awesome - when will that be? And will you be able to share schedules with other members?

Grand Master Funk

I just looked at http://activelog.com/ and their free tracker. I like running ahead better for its layout and running features, but activelog has a nice goals system that might not be bad to check out. it also has an interesting set of predefined workout routines. I can't wait for goals, and if you added the goals feature to strength traning, that would be awesome. Perhaps if there was a mangement page where you could manage all types of excercise you do at the gym (ie. Bench Press, Sqats, etc) so each user could customize the interface to their own workout. Then when entering a workout, you must select one of your pre-defined excercises. this way you could set goals and track each excercise (like max reps on bench press) Just an idea Wink

Running safely

Digivation, you might actually like the Active Trainer site. I did not stick around too long there because their log for running stinks, but for tracking a large number of activities, they are probably pretty good.

Grand Master Funk

Perhaps ... I keep all my runs logged here b/c I like the interface the best - but I'll check that out for the strength training stuff - I'm currently logging runs here, nutrition at fitday (it's ok, not great), and I've logged my s/t workouts (this year's) on here but I'd like something with more reports/goals, etc. Arg for using 3 different sites Wink Thanks EDIT: its ok, but not much better - the exercises are not customizable (i can't create my own) and the reports aren't any better. I'd like to be able to see a graph (for example) of the amount of weight I bench pressed at each workout over the past month. That way I'd be able to see progress / trends / etc. And goals would be nice too.. I guess I may have to break down and write my own... the maybe I can talk eric into integrating it Wink
                gettinghealthy

Hi All...is adding goals (whether weekly or monthly) something to be added? Or is it already there -- and I'm simply overlooking it? Thanks!
                    That's a good idea. I have a small weekly mileage and I sometimes forget to enter it in my log.

PR's
                    800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Eric - I've seen on other postings that a goal / training plan option will be coming to the log. After noticing a few school usergroups being created, it occurred to me that one option that might be nice for this (if it's not too late to include, or perhaps for a future release / upgrade) would be a way to upload a training plan or goal plan from an excel or csv file. I can see the coaching usergroups finding this extremely useful - esp the school groups. Coaches could create customized training plans for their athletes and load the file to the athlete's account or send the athlete the file and have him / her upload it.