RunningAhead Log Up For BEST OF WEB Award... (Read 1003 times)

Well, kind of. The version that Eric licenses to RunnersWorld was just named a finalist for MinOnline's Best of the Web awards. You can see it here: http://minonline.com/mds/bestofweb.html#Interactivity I'm actually a judge for this year's competition, but unfortunately didn't get to judge this category, or I would've pushed some votes in his direction. Smile The awards will be announced on April 14th!

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow! That is awesome! Thanks for sharing... Congrats Eric! Well deserved, regardless of the actual results. They are finding out what some of us have known for several years! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JakeKnight

Well, kind of. The version that Eric licenses to RunnersWorld was just named a finalist for MinOnline's Best of the Web awards. You can see it here: http://minonline.com/mds/bestofweb.html#Interactivity I'm actually a judge for this year's competition, but unfortunately didn't get to judge this category, or I would've pushed some votes in his direction. Smile The awards will be announced on April 14th!
        Thanks for posting that Marcus. Is there a place for the common folk to vote? Or is this just done by judges? Is there a reason it's Runner's World and not this place?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

btb1490

We all know it's the best without this award. But it sure is nice to be validated. Congrats, and again many thanks Eric!
          eric :)

Thanks for posting that Marcus. Is there a place for the common folk to vote? Or is this just done by judges? Is there a reason it's Runner's World and not this place?
            How is it that RW licensed the log from me but they're getting the award? How do I contact them to set things straight?
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How is it that RW licensed the log from me but they're getting the award? How do I contact them to set things straight?
              Uh yeah. Like he said.
                RE: The contest... all good questions. MinOnline covers the magazine industry... thus, everything they do is in support of Magazine publishers. In this case, the Best of the Web is a competition open to magazine publishers who are extending their brand through other forms of new media - interactive, microsites, etc... Magazines submit their own application for consideration, so Rodale would've submitted an application... it includes things like why they did it, what they hoped they'd get for it, could've included budget (though half of the applications I reviewed didn't). In almost all cases, they would mention whether they built it themselves or had it done outside the organization. Most magazine publishers don't have the resources to do this stuff themselves. But in the end, we're not really awarding votes for "best of the web", but more like "best of the web for magazine publishers." The award isn't so much for the technology as it is for how it helps the users of the log feel better about the Runners World brand. I don't know how many judges there are for each category, though I suspect at least a handful... i know in my categories there were finalists chosen that I didn't vote for, finalists chosen I did vote for, and some left off the list that I did vote for. I suspect at this point that a small group of people closer to Min will review the finalists and choose a winner. What this really means for Eric: these applications take time - most are about six to 8 pages long. If Rodale took the time to submit the log, they really believed in it in terms of how it helps them with their core audience.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eric, you need to publish a magazine. Hmmm...there are quite a few gifted writers around here. Heck, Claire and JK could have their own editorials and Trent could have a column for all things medical/nutritional. Big grin Hmmm...what would Eric call his publication...? Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, can I be a shoe/gear/clothes reviewer in Eric's 'zine?! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations Eric. Really, they're just now recognizing what we've all known for some time. MTA: spelling.
                      eric :)

What this really means for Eric: these applications take time - most are about six to 8 pages long. If Rodale took the time to submit the log, they really believed in it in terms of how it helps them with their core audience.
                        Thanks for the clarification Marcus! Do I have enough time to start my own e-zine? BTW, what are they serving at the ceremony that costs $300+?
                          BTW, what are they serving at the ceremony that costs $300+?
                          For most people, "face time" with big name magazine publishers. I'll actually be attending this one, so I'll post quickly if the log wins. Smile

Beatin' on the Rock

In the presence of greatness - every time I log a run! Big grin I hope there is some kind of acknowledgment for the CREATOR?
                            Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                              Congrats Eric Big grin

Another Passion

Eric... you have created the best of the web for a running site regardless of the results and lack of accolades from the industry thieves. Wink

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com