October "Virtual" race sign-up - 5K, 5Mile, 10K (Read 1038 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

runningluke - We have a taker! Get that time in! Big grin Thank you, LisaK!!!

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Neil Gunn and Skatie1 - there were a lot of computer problems going on on Saturday so if you submitted your times then I didn't get them. Please submit or resubmit as soon as possible. Thanks! Janell

Wingz

Professional Noob

Okay, everyone! The race is closed and the results are out! We had record participation this month, allowing us to open up some new race distances. There are now 5K, 5 Mile, 10 K, 10 Mile, and Half Marathon divisions! Congratulations to everybody who participated, and a big THANK YOU for making this the biggest race yet! Check out our results at http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_page.html and see how totally awesome your fellow RA members are! We had TONS of PR's... and, of course, some new course records since we had some new race distances. Mark your calendars! Next month's race will be held the weekend of November 4-5. Hope to see you all there! Janell

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that is so awesome--and thanks for putting that all together, Janell! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

SmileThanks Janell Smile
              Thanks Wingz for all of the work you do for all of us...you rock!!!!!!!! Big grin
              "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
              Wingz

Professional Noob

St. Joe Rob - I just received a time for you for a HM. I'm sorry, but this month's race is already closed! There will be a HM division next month - keep your eyes open Nov 4-6th! Janell ps - congrats on the PR!

I was thinking (always dangerous) that Eric's efforts with the website could be supported financially by charging a nominal virtual race entry fee - maybe $3-5 or something like that. Any thoughts?
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

I think we'd lose a lot of racers...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd still race. $5 is WAY cheaper than the $20-50 I'm used to paying for 3D races. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

I was thinking (always dangerous) that Eric's efforts with the website could be supported financially by charging a nominal virtual race entry fee - maybe $3-5 or something like that. Any thoughts?
                        runningluke, Your thought is appreciated, but the virtual races should remain free. The races are organized and run by the users. I'm not involved with organizing them, even though I like to see more participants. They give new runners goal to strive for, and help seasoned runners become faster. They are open to everyone and should remain that way. eric Smile
                        JakeKnight

I was actually thinking something similar. But screw Eric. Frickin' greedy !@#$. (Note to the slow-witted but fleet of foot: the above was what we call in my country a "joke." Send your complaints to the webmaster. Cool) I think someday - as in six months or year from now - it might be interesting to do two things: 1) Seriously collect a buck from everyone, and then use it to give the winner of each race a Zoom/Wingz designed t-shirt (or dorky bumper sticker) or something like that. Something tangible. Maybe even semi-useful. A $10 gift certificate to the nearest podiatrist? Do the offer gift certificates? A pet flying monkey? 2) Now here's the catch - before step one, take all of the prior results and come up with some way of handicapping the races so everyone could actually compete. Don't ask me how exactly. That probably involves math. But I'm sure somebody out there has figured it out or could. Might be fun. Just a thought. It's certainly fun suggesting more work for Wingz to do. Tongue

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

I think someday - as in six months or year from now - it might be interesting to do two things: 1) Seriously collect a buck from everyone, and then use it to give the winner of each race a Zoom/Wingz designed t-shirt (or dorky bumper sticker) or something like that. Something tangible. Maybe even semi-useful. A $10 gift certificate to the nearest podiatrist? Do the offer gift certificates? A pet flying monkey?
                            Jake, if you want to start a betting pool at the office, you go right ahead. Wink
                            2) Now here's the catch - before step one, take all of the prior results and come up with some way of handicapping the races so everyone could actually compete. Don't ask me how exactly. That probably involves math. But I'm sure somebody out there has figured it out or could.
                            I've heard of handicapping based on age. If there are any mathematicians or statisticians out there who'd like to come up with formulas that include things like how long someone's been running, average weekly milage, past PR's, weight, age, elevation profiles, and so on, speak up!
                            Might be fun. Just a thought. It's certainly fun suggesting more work for Wingz to do. Tongue
                            /muttering to self... I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe-I-will-not-step-on-his-injured-toe... Tongue

JakeKnight

Wink Tongue

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------