Just Started Running after 5 years, and back surgery 4 months ago! (Read 1444 times)

Running Man - Great goals but be healthy!! Don't do too much too soon! lisa k
    Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
    JakeKnight

Running Man - Great goals but be healthy!! Don't do too much too soon! lisa k
      Hiya Running Man - GREAT job and amazing progress and awesome goals ... but man, take Lisa K's advice: be careful and stay healthy. The single most important thing for you will be staying healthy and consistent. Trust me on this - screwing it up used to be my favorite trick. I was famous for not running for a couple weeks, then doing 60 miles in a week, then running a 20-miler ... and then getting hurt, not running a step for months ... and wondering what I was doing wrong, and why I wasn't getting fitter or faster. Especially with the back surgury, and ESPECIALLY since you're a big guy and a little older - be careful. Take those days off. Us little guys (I go around 160) can pound our knees and backs more than you can (of course, we have to take two steps when you take one, which seems kinda unfair). Just be careful. Nothing is more discouraging then losing it all and seeing your motivation fade cuz you can't run for a month.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Thanks! And I feel fine, as a matter of fact I feel better after my 8-10 mile runs than I did when I ran 5 miles! Confused I will not push any farther than my body wants to, thats why Im not so concered about my pace.
        What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.