TOT countdown (Read 443 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We've had 2, already...a pirate and a cross-dressing little boy who really moved well in heels! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Up to 16 in the first hour...I think this is a record for us. I'm not sure that we've ever had more than 20 or so in the entire 2 hours alloted for TOTing. My Rice Krispy treats are gone (I had the last one)...kids grabbed those right away. Now it's the Ritz Bits cheese sandwich crackers and I opened a couple of boxes of granola bars. k

~ Sarah Kay

Kristen - we just finished and had 300+ kids, plus lots of teenagers. Many from outside the neighborhood. I had to go out for more candy twice. Still we kept the good stuff. Big grin
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow! We went TOTing a couple of times with my hubby's uncle's grandkids...they live in one of those neighborhoods where they get hundreds of kids in a night. That's some crazyness. I've always lived in neighborhoods that were pretty remote. Right now we are "in town," but on sort of a strange corner without a lot of other houses, no street light, and no sidewalk, so we only get a few. We only got 17 tonite, but that's still a pretty good year for us. The first 2-3 years in this house I think we had under 5, total. Word must be getting around that we give out good stuff. k

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

We had about 75 and shut the light off when we ran out of candy, just after 8:00. My husband dressed up with a creepy mask, black robe, skeleton hands and then he handed out candy in character. When little kids were afraid to come up the walk, I'd meet them halfway. The funniest were the pre-teen girls saying you're not scary and then they would run screaming when he'd limp after them. It's our first Halloween in this neighborhood and it was fun!

Robin

Zero, zilch, none!! We get no TOT'ers here! The bonus is that we can both take the kids out since no one comes anyways! We took the kids in to town & they did collect a pretty good haul. Too good, especially considering I'll let them eat a few pieces, then send the rest to work w/ my hubby for the guys he works with. Except, of course, anything that says "dark chocolate" which I immediately confiscate. It's not safe for children, I hear...only safe for Mommy's that don't need it!!! Evil grin
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3