2010 Goal of Sub 3:00 marathon (Read 8721 times)

HermosaBoy

Rob, I have you down < old PR @ Boston

Actually the PR is at Houston in 2009.  Was planning to go for sub 2:40 at Chicago this year, but a poor training cycle and bad preparation shot me in the backside.  Adjusted the goal to 2:48 and struggle into a 2:55 with leg cramps for the last 15 miles.  So, trying to do a better job of preparing for Boston.  I know the course and just have to avoid doing anything stupid...

Fall marathon may turn into a January marathon -- Houston again???

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

DoppleBock

Houston is so flat and the logistics are so easy - get a room a few feet from the start / finish.

I like the experience of variety - So this year is Surf City (Feb 7) and next year maybe Phoenix - Unless I sell out and go all ultra's next year (2011) and skip the marathon altogether.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

PS - I meant that you are shooting for a new PR @ Boston or Less than (<Wink your old OR @ Boston - I know its in you!

Can I join the party late (and pending a read through all the posts)???

I am shooting for 2:44:48 @ Boston and then gonna step it up and try for 2:39:5x at a TBD fall marathon...

Rob

GOOD LUCK!!! It's about time you smashed a PR :-)

And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
          Eustace Tierney

YoYo

Im planning my first ever marathon on May 3rd ( Belfast, Ireland). I may be mad shooting for sub 3.00 but will train towards that anyway. Count me in!

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." Goals: Keep on running!

HermosaBoy

GOOD LUCK!!! It's about time you smashed a PR :-)

Thanks Jeff!

Rob

Leopard

I'm in too.  I've finished 2 marathons before, not anywhere close to 3:00, but New York City this year is my race!

PR's 5K: 18:37, 10K: 39:51, 15K: 58:18, Half Marathon: 1:25:51 Marathon 3:19:15

2017 Goal: getting fit and lean again, before it's too late!

el Jeffe

Base building this month towards the Vancouver Marathon on May 2nd 2010...

Old highest mileage weekly total: 105k (Nov 2009)

First 7 days of 2010: 110k

Feeling strong, a few more weeks of this easy stuff and then it's off to the track and into the hills.

spinach

I am running the  Zoom Yah Yah Indoor Marathon this week and will run the Icebreaker Instep Indoor Marathon on the 24th.  I would love to break 3 hours in one of those indoor ones but I don't think that is apt to happen so I will wait until the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon in May for my real goal marathon.  However when I start Zoom Yah Yah I will be thinking sub three and will see how it goes.

HermosaBoy

I am running the  Zoom Yah Yah Indoor Marathon this week and will run the Icebreaker Instep Indoor Marathon on the 24th.  I would love to break 3 hours in one of those indoor ones but I don't think that is apt to happen so I will wait until the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon in May for my real goal marathon.  However when I start Zoom Yah Yah I will be thinking sub three and will see how it goes.

That's a lot of laps...

Rob

Thanks for handling the thread DB.   I'm one of the non-graduates from last year but giving it another go.

Gasparilla - 2/28/10

As for training, my summer was pretty weak and I lost a lot of fitness.  Finally starting to get back close to where I was last year and we'll see if I can make enough progress before the race.

Good luck at Disney aaronuni.

Are we there yet?

aaronuni great race!! Looks like you ran a great PR!! 3:02:XX

I had some friends run it and they were freezing for the early morning start.

Savoir c'est pouvoir

DB, Please add me. I'll be running my 5th Flying Pig on May 2nd. Last year I finished in 2:59 which was my first time under 3 hours. I would like to knock off another minute or two this year. Thanks for your efforts with the list.

CR

DoppleBock

Sorry for slacking - I am a financial controller and it was year end last week - nothing but working and sleeping and not much of the 2nd.

I think I have everything up to date - Aaronuni and spinach - any reports? 

Spinach - Good running at Ice Breaker - A few less laps than Zoom Yah Yah

spinach

Since the conversion table disappeared, I will use this for next up

spinach - 01/17/10 Ice Breaker Indoor Marathon - Milwaukee WI

I am not sure I will be able make it to Milwaukee in a couple weeks.  I hurt my knee yesterday at Zoom Yah Yah and I really struggled to finish.  I shouldn't have but this give me a new PW 3:26 and my second half was something like 1:56.  I will take it easy this week and see how I feel over the weekend.  If I am able to run pain free sunday I will go to run the IceBreaker  on the 24th.  If the pain persists I will have to drop out of it.