Where would you carry a Ruger .380 with laser sights while jogging? (Read 1041 times)

sluggo

John

This apparently a quote from Rick Perry.

"Texans, on the other hand, elect folks like me. You know the type, the kind of guy who goes jogging in the morning, packing a Ruger .380 with laser sights and loaded with hollow-point bullets, and shoots a coyote that is threatening his daughter's dog."

Gotta read.

Even if this is not true, the answer to this question is perplexing.

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Texas.

xor

I haven't clicked that link so I dunno if it discusses the famous coyote shooting or not.

He shot a coyote on some run because it was stalking his dog.  The spin on the article I read at the time was more about him leaving the carcass (instead of cleaning it up) than anything about Runner Packing Heat.  But hey, I wouldn't want my dog to have a run-in with a creature.

But that's not what I'm writing about.

What I'm writing about was what Mr Perry said at the time.  Something about being worried about coyotes because they are "wily".

I swear.

sluggo

John

Maybe someone will find a way to modify a fuel belt so that you can carry your favorite pistol - not some dinky derringer thing.

John
          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Meh.

A real man would chase down the coyote, put the bitch down with his own bare hands, and leave nothing for the buzzards.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Meh.

A real man would chase down the coyote, put the bitch down with his own bare hands, and leave nothing for the buzzards.

If you live in Massachusetts, that's your only choice, apparently.  Man up.

#artbydmcbride

While jogging the Kurdish border of Iran?

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

When I had a dozen or more coyotes howling very close outside my tent and a couple walking circles right outside it, I must say I was wishing that I was more like Rick Perry.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

If you live in Massachusetts, that's your only choice, apparently.  Man up.

Not true, you can shoot coyotes if they threaten or cause damage to property.  You just can't shoot them for "being wily."

Runners run

Imminent Catastrophe

You wouldn't think the Texas Governor would be packing a little girly-gun like a .380. 

I figure I'll need at least a 9mm at the Monkey.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

loaded with hollow-point bullets,

Do coyotes in Texas wear kevlar?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I haven't clicked that link so I dunno if it discusses the famous coyote shooting or not.

He shot a coyote on some run because it was stalking his dog.  The spin on the article I read at the time was more about him leaving the carcass (instead of cleaning it up) than anything about Runner Packing Heat.  But hey, I wouldn't want my dog to have a run-in with a creature.

But that's not what I'm writing about.

What I'm writing about was what Mr Perry said at the time.  Something about being worried about coyotes because they are "wily".

I swear.

If Perry were a real road runner he'd just let the wily coyotes drop and anvils on themselves. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Menace to Sobriety

If Perry were a real road runner he'd just let the wily coyotes drop and anvils on themselves. 

ACME anvils.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

I ran a middle-of-the-night race outside of Phoenix Saturday.  There were coyotes.  At first, when they all started howling, it sounded like spectators off in the distance.  Later on, when I was running by myself and very loopy, it just sounded a little creepy.  One sounded quite close about 1a, but I suspect it wasn't really.  I still said outloud, though quietly to myself, "I'm Rick Perry. Stay away or I shoot your ass."

It worked.

Feeling the growl again

Do coyotes in Texas wear kevlar?

If they do, he'd better switch to full metal jackets and pick a less wimpy round.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills