Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Big win!  I actually convinced my company's HR department to do something logically even though it wasn't 100% by the book.  No unnecessary hoops to jump through today!
    RunsForCake

heh.  I won a lamp that looks like a leg!

Actually, I came in 3rd in my age group in a race.  By definition, I came in 3rd because the faster people stayed home. 

Interestingly, had I run the half instead of the full, I would have won my age group and perhaps placed in top 5 overall.

And no, it's not like I'm one of those people who can talk about their halves in terms of minutes and sound not-silly (such as: "I ran a 68 minute half", which I totally cannot). Truly, the fast(er) people stayed home.

Still cool, though.

Sweet!  Did it look like this?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 months  straight with over 100 miles. Have not done that inat least 5 years.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

2 whole freakin' miles, big effin' deal.

Get off my porch

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

2 whole freakin' miles, big effin' deal.

Some of us can not match you!

From your log:

12/8/2008 Run   Easy 2579 Mi  

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

6 months  straight with over 100 miles. Have not done that inat least 5 years.

great job! I'd be crippled if I tried to achieve that right now. Am having trouble inching above 20mi/week w/o beginning to feel parts of bod objecting! Keep up the good work!

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I ran my first ever 30 mile week. 

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I ran my first ever 30 mile week. 

Congrats!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Thanks!  I think I'm venturing into crazy, obsessed runner territory.  I like it on the dark side.  Wink

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

8 miles today @ 8:54.  5 months ago, I couldn't run for one minute. 

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Always kind of fun to watch the odometer roll over.

Of course I doubt that figure is accurate to even within 10 miles let alone 0.1, but still 3,000 miles for the year before Thanksgiving is my little victory for the day.

John

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.

and the "small victories" just keep on a-coming!!

Heather: awesome job on your 30 miles & I see you will also have 3 straight mths over 100 miles!!

John: oh give me a break,  3,ooo miles is your "small victory"?  that's a humungous victory!!  (like your photos in your profile, you must be a Byrds fan)?

Setantae:  great job on your consistency & improved speed.

my small victory is  running 10 miles today in the rain so now I can eat more turkey & stuffing & garlic mashed potatoes & green bean cassarole (all family traditionals) & pumpkin Pie &.............

Also have broke 100 miles 5 mths straight & on way to break 1,000 before year is out which is quite surprising for me as I had a somewhat serious injury (calves of course) at end of 08 & beg of 09

RunsForCake

Looks like lots of big and small victories to celebrate this Thankgiving!  Good stuff everybody!  *claps*

I've been kind of meh about my runs lately.  Still getting the miles in just not that excited about running them. 

Today's 4 mile Turkey Trot gave me a new found spark though.  A PR of over 2 minutes and negative splits! 

All done on a pretty hilly course in the rain, wind and cold. 

pr by over 2 minutes?  fantastic!!  great job putting in those boring, methodical miles, they paid off.  Do you mix up your courses much?  do you mix in some fun trail runs to break up the daily boring runs??

sure to be many more victories before day is out

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

80 second course PR on a tough 5 miler, with monkey legs and an asthma exacerbation.