A calculator to make runners happy. (Read 236 times)

Why is it sideways?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

How do they get a VO2Max from that data? Nice to know my fitness age is a little over half my chronological age.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ha.  That calculator was no doubt cooked up by a runner.  Every question is skewed towards what we are/do, factors like height, build and strength are completely ignored.

Why is it sideways?

I like this calculator.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Latent Runner

While the calculator is entertaining, I don't put too much stock in it.  I mean geez, I'm 56, a bit overweight, a decent but not elite runner for my age group, and yet it says my VO2max is 57 and my fitness age is "younger than 20".  Nah, not buying, hell, I'd be surprised of my VO2max was even in the upper 40s, and while I might believe a fitness age of thirty something, I'm definitely not as spry as your average teenager.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
              • 2-mile: 13:49
              • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
              • 5-Mile: 37:24
              • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
              • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
              • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

Maggie & Molly

accurate or not it made me smile see "fitness age under 20"  teehee

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I like this calculator.

Me too, in the same way I like the broken GPS in my phone that tells me I'm running nice, easy casual 3-6 minute miles.

Walk-Jogger

Me too, in the same way I like the broken GPS in my phone that tells me I'm running nice, easy casual 3-6 minute miles.

LOL, my garmin is usually accurate but it did have me sprinting at 36 MPH for a short distance on one occasion. I wish I was that fast!

Retired &  Loving It

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

While the calculator is entertaining, I don't put too much stock in it.  I mean geez, I'm 56, a bit overweight, a decent but not elite runner for my age group, and yet it says my VO2max is 57 and my fitness age is "younger than 20".  Nah, not buying, hell, I'd be surprised of my VO2max was even in the upper 40s, and while I might believe a fitness age of thirty something, I'm definitely not as spry as your average teenager.  Smile

You sure you entered your waist in cm?

Oh roo roooo!

Ha, good thought--that would surely make a difference!  It was actually fairly close for me, not that it matters one way or another, I guess.

kcam

I was wondering why the heck I was out there this morning running a 20miler - what kind of nuts must I be?  I feel it's completely and absolutely justified now.Smile   Thanks Jeff.

Latent Runner

Yup 82 centimeters; I think the skewing factor is my heart rate, I've always had a slow pulse, and even though it has gotten faster as I've gotten older, it is still only 42 when I'm chilled out.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                            • 2-mile: 13:49
                            • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                            • 5-Mile: 37:24
                            • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                            • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                            • Half Marathon: 1:42:13