Kinvara 1s (Read 471 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I love the Saucony Kinvaras.  I'm on my 3rd or 4th pair of the first ones.  I think the Kinvara 3 just came out.  

Looks like the 2 was a bit different than the 1.  Anyone have any experience with both?  Are they much different?

Anyone know if there's still somewhere online to order the K1s?

HTFU?  Why not!

Coach: Empire Tri Club 

Speed Coach: Brooklyn Tri Club
    USATF Coach

The only difference I noticed between the 1s and 2s was the color schemes, everything else seemed the same.  I don't know of any place that sells the 1s any more but the 2s are very cheap over at runningwarehouse.com.  You can get a pair for about $58 if you use one of the numerous 10% discount codes.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Ah, good to know thanks.  I thought I heard the heal was a little more narrow but that was just something I picked up in conversation.  $58 is a great price though! Thanks! 

HTFU?  Why not!

Coach: Empire Tri Club 

Speed Coach: Brooklyn Tri Club
        USATF Coach

Just got my first pair of 2's (300 miles on the 1s).  The main difference I read about and can now see is that the lacing comes down further over the toe box on the 2s for a snugger fit if you want it.  This doesn't matter to me as I  have to keep the laces nice and loose with my weird high arches. I put 11 miles on them out of the box with no need to break them in.

I found the twos to be be a bit stiffer than the ones. Definitely a bit of a longer break-in period. I had two pairs of ones that went well over 700 miles each pair, but with the twos I noticed a small tear in the fabric on the outside of the right shoe around 300 miles in. A coating of shoe goo fixed that though. I liked the ones better, they just felt better out of the box. That being said, I'm happy overall with the twos and won't hesitate to get another pair. 

-Jamie