Mint City 10 Miler (Read 497 times)

I'm a bit late with this report gang. The race was on 08/11 and after that we went to the U.P. for a week at the cabin. The race was the Mint City 10 Miler in St. Johns, MI. I made my goal of 1:15, but not the way I wanted to. I ran 1:14:35 and finished 15th OA and 2nd in my AD (51-55). The weather and course were to die for and I started out a bit too fast. The flat land and cool temps had my perceived exertion out of kilter! I wanted a steady 7:20-7:30 but after 3 miles, I was at 21:05. I decided to try to hold maybe 7:10 thru 6 miles then do MP (7:40) for the last 4. At mile 7, I was 50:22 (7:12) but caved in after that. Mile 8 was 7:52, 9 was 8:50 (bad ...) and MOJO brought mile 10 in at 7:24. If my marathon was next week, I'd be concerned but I have 7 solid weeks of training yet to go. As for the event itself, it's probably the best small event I've ever attented. The TV people showed up, chip timing, great post race refreshments,finish order posted ASAP and awards handed out immediately, etc.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Great job on the AD place! Nice time, too! Smile
      2009: BQ?
        Thank you. Smile

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Ditto - how ever you got there - you still met your goal - congrats Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Great job Ray! Glad to see you ran well and survived the forest fires in da UP too, eh?
              Great job Ray! Glad to see you ran well and survived the forest fires in da UP too, eh?
              Yep ... our place is about 40 miles from Newberry. Due to wind direction, we smelled and saw smoke occasionally.