New running app (Read 155 times)

SamHill

Hi guys,

I run an experience design company called Pan Studios and we're working on a new running game app that you might be interested in, called Run An Empire.

Players compete to capture and maintain control of as much of their local territory as possible. To capture somewhere you have to run (or jog, or walk) around it. So if you run once around your local park, that park is yours. However, if someone else runs around it, they capture it from you. To prevent that, you have to run around it several times to improve your defences against attack, and also try to capture other players' territory in your local area.

The app is currently on Kickstarter, and our aim is to raise £15,000 to make the game by the 15th April. If we don't reach that target before then, the game may not get made.

If it sounds like something that you'd like to use, have a look at our Kickstarter page and consider backing us (in £ or $): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/panstudio/run-an-empire-the-real-world-territory-control-gam

You can back us with as little as £4 ($6.65) and every backer receives a beta version of the game before its general release as well as in-game privileges. Hope you can help us get this app made!

Thanks,

Sam

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Though, I don't even own a smart-phone, the game sounds like a great concept.

And much easier than the way Tommy Lee Jones did it:

The Park Is Mine (movie)

Best of luck with your kickstarter.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Hoban-Jay

Sounds like it might be interesting.  I will indeed try out the free/trial version once it's developed.  Let us know when it becomes available.

jeffdonahue

While the app really does sound pretty cool, I dont own a smartphone.

Sounds like a good game to just put together with friends, even offline (though I guess that would be more honor system and the app could really tell whether you ran it).

brandicted

Yes....Looking awesome ...

this is a game where players compete to capture and maintain control of as much of their local territory as possible. To capture somewhere you have to run (or jog, or walk) around it.

Just a dude.

So, if I run around a 10 mile loop a lot, but someone runs around a 2 mile loop inside of that 10 mile loop, what happens?

What If I cheated and drove around that 10 mile loop 50 times with my app activated?

What if someone has a long skinny route east west, and I have a long skinny route north south so it looks like a plus sign. Do we cancel each other out?

Can other people in the world see different territories that are claimed? Can we say, go to a web site where we can watch the history of a certain territory as it changes colors several times?

Does the app warn us when we start running in somone else's territory?

Will it show how close things are? (Joe has circled the lake 19 times, but Andy is catching up at 17...)

Will it remember the fastest route around a certain area?

Can people team up to share territories? Maybe running club vs. running club? (OTC vs Nike?)

Did I just ask too many questions?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Half Fanatic #846

What if someone has a long skinny route east west, and I have a long skinny route north south so it looks like a plus sign. Do we cancel each other out?

-Kelly

...or can we co-own an area and cancel each other out at the same time?

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!