Saving intervals (Read 41 times)

rrrrr

I found some threads on intervals, but I am still having trouble. When I go to the workout summary, I can go to the Splits Distance-->Settings and set the distance to 1 mile. Then the splits show up properly. But how do I save these? The info reverts to the original entire workout when I leave the page. When I go to the edit tab, there is still just 1 interval consisting of the entire workout, and I don't seem to be able to auto-generate anything there. Thanks,

HermosaBoy

I found some threads on intervals, but I am still having trouble. When I go to the workout summary, I can go to the Splits Distance-->Settings and set the distance to 1 mile. Then the splits show up properly. But how do I save these? The info reverts to the original entire workout when I leave the page. When I go to the edit tab, there is still just 1 interval consisting of the entire workout, and I don't seem to be able to auto-generate anything there. Thanks,

I assume that you are importing your workouts from a GPS?  Do you have auto-lap turned on?

I am going to assume that you don't currently -- that is why it is importing your workout as one entire workout.  When you click on the gear and change the split distance, that is just a temporary view.  You can use this to look at your splits differently (so you could do KM splits if you had imported them as miles or as any split if you had imported as one workout).

TL;DR

If you want to have splits without entering them manually, turn on the auto lap on your device.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

rrrrr

I see...I imported workouts from Runkeeper, which doesn't export the splits, so I guess I will track manually. Thanks for the help!