Running Notes (Read 629 times)

IMSIRunner

I know a lot of people write a running journal and was wondering what you write in it. When I log my runs I would like to write something in the notes about the run, but I dont know what. What do you guys write in the notes or journal?
    5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
      Sometimes I write nothing. Sometimes I write down if something interesting happened or if I learned something. Some of us keep a journal or training log (whatever you want to call it) in the RA Coaching Forum. Feel free to join us there. Sometimes people will comment on your progress or advise you when you have questions or problems with your training.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

My notes often relate to what my PE was compared to what my HR numbers were. I'll also note moods, whether good, bad, or indifferent.I may also comment on anything out of the ordinary. Examples are: wildlife spotted, extreme weather, seeing an accident, fire, bad driver, etc.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Think Whirled Peas

Anything and everything goes in mine. I usually write how I felt before/during/after the run. I also use it to "sorta" keep tabs on the aches/pains that linger between runs. They are fewer and farther between now, but it's nice to go back and review it occasionally. My log tends to turn into a mini-journal about more than just running too. I sometimes end up putting in stuff about work, or what I thought while running. Just your basic gibberish, I guess. Some of my writing is prolly a bit tawdry (ok, wrong word...I swear sometimes!) but I try to write it as soon as I get back to make sure I accurately capture what I felt.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Same here. Not really a run by run log, since I keep it on here. But a place for random thoughts that occurred during runs, observations on runs and running. Also use it for non-running rants and things like travel journaling, et cetera.
            seeEricaRun

Awesome

I know a lot of people write a running journal and was wondering what you write in it. When I log my runs I would like to write something in the notes about the run, but I dont know what. What do you guys write in the notes or journal?
              For a while I put everything I ate in the last 24 hours so I could compare it to how the run felt. Then I got lazy - now, I just put in my split times, and the calorie reading from my Polar. I put in if anything was hurting, or anything notable happened.
                Depends, but usually I put in what my Garmin told me... Avg pace / Fastest pace / cals burned And also how I felt if anything really stood out on the run...Check my log for my notes...
                "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                  I put time and mileage in. I like to write in what I see, if people were tickin me off, If I almost got hit by cars, sprayed by skunks... you know the usual stuff. Sometimes I come up with new mantras and write them in. I don't write in if I hurt or if I struggle on that run. I just don't wnat to look back and see it.