First 5 mile race! (Read 741 times)

Insert witty title here

This morning I ran my longest race to date, 5 miles. I've run 5 miles several times, but this was the first time doing it with a piece of paper pinned to my shirt. I'll save you all the details (they're on my blog if anyone really wants to know), but I beat my goal of 50:00 and my previous best 5 mile time (non-race) of 46:58. Somehow this morning I finished in 42:58 (Gun time) or 42:50 (Garmin time)! I missed 5th place in my age group by less than a minute, but I am ecstatic about my time! Of course now I've set the bar fairly high (for me) for my next 5 mile race on Thanksgiving Day.

ThomasRuns Blog
    Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Congratulations! That is an awesome time! You certainly went above and beyond with smashing your goal time. Smile

Michelle

theyapper

On the road again...

Great job! Nothing like killing your old records, is there?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Great job!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

congratulations. you buried your old pr.