RA Update (May 24) (Read 1424 times)

eric :)

Hi everyone,

• RA was unreachable earlier today for about 20 minutes.  I tracked down the cause to WeatherBug.com.  Apparently, they experienced a service outage and that caused an error condition in RA.  This error condition occurred many times (it happened every time a user loaded the summary page) and as a precaution, the web server shut down.  I added code to handle the error so RA shouldn't be affected anymore.
    • I enabled raw HTML view in the forum/message editor so the web savvy folk can edit their messages directly.  Not all HTML tags are supported.  Don't get tooo fancy with tag formating via tag attributes and styles because most of that stuff is stripped out before your message is displayed.
    • I finally created a multi-sport entry with my Garmin and thus finally fixed the inability to upload multi-sport entries.  However, since RA does not support grouped workouts, the multi-sport entry will be recorded as individual events.
    • This also include some minor bug fixes.

eric :-)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hi everyone,

• RA was unreachable earlier today for about 20 minutes.  I tracked down the cause to WeatherBug.com.  Apparently, they experienced a service outage and that caused an error condition in RA.  This error condition occurred many times (it happened every time a user loaded the summary page) and as a precaution, the web server shut down.  I added code to handle the error so RA shouldn't be affected anymore.

I was so very scared. Like I couldn't get onto RA and I thought I was going to go into withdraw. I was sweating and my heart was fluttering. It was awful. I thought maybe you were mad at me or something. So I went in and donated like 5 times, but that did not work either. Maybe I should donate again.

Wink

The shirtless wonder

I was scared too.  I had entered an 18 mile run manually taking great care to be detailed.  I even crossed the road on the map where I actually crossed the road.  When I hit save I got a 503 error and feared my tedious course entry was lost!  Luckily all turned out well.  Smile