Back-to-back half-marathons? (Read 671 times)

Hi, I just started running again in late March and am entering a half marathon on June 11th with some mates. However I just found out there is another half-marathon in my area on June 25th and am thinking about entering that too. I basically want to know if this is a good idea. I would ideally like to run both races as well as I can. Do I have enough recovery and prep time between races? When it comes down to it I don`t want to either injure myself or do a bad time on the 2nd race. Cheers for any comments!
      A rule of thumb (and that's all it is) is that it takes one day to fully recover from every mile you race. Variables, of course, are many--what kind of shape you're in, course conditions (hilly, trail, etc), weather, blah blah blah. But--can it be done? Sure. I haven't run two halfs that close, but I did run my fastest half, followed by my fastest 10k one week later. Let us know what you decide, and how it goes. Good luck.
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48