And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

HermosaBoy

Rob

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Speaking of tangents, I think it would be great to

• A) Purchase plans from this site. "Training Logs" tab -> "Training Plans" option -> "Purchase Plan"
          • similar to create plan, only you would select distance (5k, 21k, 42k, etc) and number of weeks (12 week, 18 week, etc) followed by avg or max distance in plan (I don't think these parenthetical examples were truly necessary, etc)
        • B) Hire a coach from this site. "Training Logs" tab -> "Training Plans" option -> "Hire Coach"
          • form answering a few questions, select a date, choose a plan. I can see this getting complicated. Do you grey out the feature when coaches aren't available. How do coaches qualify? Would runner choose experience level of coach as part of request? Maybe ask A) is more manageable.
        eric :)

Sorry guys.  I have to back burner this because of more pressing tasks.  It's still on top of the pile though.

HermosaBoy

Sorry guys.  I have to back burner this because of more pressing tasks.  It's still on top of the pile though.

Thanks Eric -- just trying to keep it from falling out of the pile...

Rob

HermosaBoy

Just checking in again Eric.  Going to be starting base building soon for my spring track runners...

Rob

HermosaBoy

Did this get re-prioritized again?

Rob

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

I'm interested in this too although I know Eric is probably working on other stuff too.  Appreciate all you do!

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

HermosaBoy

BTW Eric, did JML ever send you the RunningAhead Coaching Module spec that he and I worked on back in 2013?

Rob

Hi Rob,

It did get pushed down once again.  This time, it's by the need to replace the Garmin Communicator.  Sorry for the constant delay.

eric Smile

MTA: I did receive the specs.  I'll reference it when I begin work on it.

HermosaBoy

Hi Rob,

It did get pushed down once again.  This time, it's by the need to replace the Garmin Communicator.  Sorry for the constant delay.

eric Smile

MTA: I did receive the specs.  I'll reference it when I begin work on it.

As always, I appreciate what you do and would agree the Garmin Communicator is definitely higher priority.

Just trying to plan for my track team this spring and coach's access would help.  Maybe next year.  Smile

Rob

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Just bumping.  I used running-log.com as a site for Summer training but believe this site is much more user friendly so would love to see this implemented at some point.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

HermosaBoy

Hey Eric, just checking in on this again.

Any chance we might have something to use by next March?

Rob

Ho Rob,

Other more important projects keep preempting this one.  It doesn't look like it would be available by March.

eric Smile

kjbjerke

I'm new to this site as a result of flotrack discontinuing their running log feature. I coach at a college and would love to see this feature implemented. Would possibly even be willing to pay a fee. Would be very helpful over the summer in particular, along with holiday breaks and for incoming freshmen. I think it would also encourage my kids who are not so good at keeping their log up to date to log in more often being they would need to in order to access their training plan. Will keep my eyes open for this!