RA Ads Win! (Read 126 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I donate to RA from time-to-time because it is my favorite home on the internet, it's kept me active for nearly a decade (after spending my 20s and early 30s overweight and inactive) and supporting Eric's work, time, and bandwidth costs are the right thing to do. I still leave ads activated, because frequently they're entertaining and often I'll spot one that's actually useful, like today's ad for OnlineShoes.com.  25% off orders of >$100 with code.  My kid has been looking at this pair of boots, but we're done Christmas shopping for him.

BUT he has a birthday in early Feb., so these will be a fantastic surprise, then.  Now we just hope his feet don't grow beyond a US 11 (he went from a 6.5-10 in about a year's time and shot up ~5" in the past year)...or his dad will inherit them.  Bonus, I think Eric gets a cut when we click through an ad and make a purchase from the ad vendor.

Has anyone else snagged something cool via RA ads?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've always wondered if Eric gets a cut if we buy something from an ad. Is that always the case? I tend to get ads for things I already bought from Amazon or other online shops :/ but I do click on them from time to time just in case it helps.

p.s. Nice boots!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've always wondered if Eric gets a cut if we buy something from an ad. Is that always the case? I tend to get ads for things I already bought from Amazon or other online shops :/ but I do click on them from time to time just in case it helps.

p.s. Nice boots!

Thanks -- now I want a new pair of DMs, too.  The pair I bought in London (black with tiny fruit print all over them) when I was 20 didn't fit a couple of years later...retail and waiting tables made my feet spread badly.  My sister inherited them.

I think Eric gets a percentage of completed sales.  Not sure if he gets anything for simple click-thrus or not.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Half Fanatic #846

As I recall, I believe he gets a stipend for the number of ads members click on.  The ads don't bother me at all - in fact, I check them out once in a while, depending on my interest. They are easy to ignore, too.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!