Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats.

Looking for family after a race is a pain.In a couple of years you will be just  gald they came so you do not have to drive home.Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

drrbradford

Smashed out 3 x 3200m (3min rec) reps on the track, alone. Good predictor session for 10k time. There's something pleasurable in the grim, painful monotony of training for 10k on track.

sincerely silly

Ran for 33 min straight, no walk breaks!  Of course it took going on the treadmill and forcing myself to go hella slow...but it's nice to know that I can. :-) Also a friend showed up on the treadmill next to me so I had someone to talk to and I wonder if the awkwardness gave me extra nervous energy...but I also stopped before I had to so I didn't have to find more things to talk about so it evens out. :-)

shin splints are my nemesis

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Smashed out 3 x 3200m (3min rec) reps on the track, alone. Good predictor session for 10k time. There's something pleasurable in the grim, painful monotony of training for 10k on track.

Yes there is.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ran for 33 min straight, no walk breaks!  Of course it took going on the treadmill and forcing myself to go hella slow...but it's nice to know that I can. :-) Also a friend showed up on the treadmill next to me so I had someone to talk to and I wonder if the awkwardness gave me extra nervous energy...but I also stopped before I had to so I didn't have to find more things to talk about so it evens out. :-)

Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Monthly mileage PR 216.3.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Eoin

I did my first ever 1 mile time trial last night - I work in metric and don't understand that old fashioned mumbo jumbo. Seriously, wake up to the digital age...

Anyway, I had no idea what pace to go at, so I went out at my Yasso 800 pace for 3 x 400m laps and then pushed it from there for the last lap. Got in at 7:06.

Eoin

Next goal: Sub4hr in DCM

http://eobeara.blogspot.com

joescott

Good run, Eoin.  Very nice.  Probably you can run one much faster, since your Yasso 800 pace was undoubtedly much slower than what you'd be capable of in an all out mile -- ahem -- 1600m (or 1609m, if you prefer).   I'll help you with the mile/metric thing:  4 laps = 1 mile within a couple of seconds.  There, wasn't that easy.  Smile

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

171 miles in August.  Highest monthly total yet and have been running consistently for a change.  Didn't completely bag a run in July or August.  Looking forward to some cooler weather.

Doc, my tooth hurts

Last week I broke 19 minutes for a 5k with a 18:25, but the course was .1 miles too short so I didn't take that time to heart. Yesterday I legitimately broke 19 minutes with a 18:28 for 5k under 6 min average per mile!  My previous PR before april was 20 minutes so I'm pretty happy with the improvement.

Cool Jump Suit

Last week I broke 19 minutes for a 5k with a 18:25, but the course was .1 miles too short so I didn't take that time to heart. Yesterday I legitimately broke 19 minutes with a 18:28 for 5k under 6 min average per mile!  My previous PR before april was 20 minutes so I'm pretty happy with the improvement.

Excellent work Eric!  I would be thrilled to death if I could just get under 20 min for a 5k. 

So bittersweet,
                        This tragedy
                        Won't ask for absolution;
                        This melody,
                        Inside of me,
                        Still searches for solution.
                        A twist of faith,
                        A change of heart
                        Cures my infatuation.
                        A broken heart, 
                        Provides the spark
                        For my determination.

Today was another big confidence booster for me as I train for my first marathon (less than two months away now).  I ran 20 miles, picked some of the hilliest spots in town, did a few on muddy trails, and got caught in a NASTY thunderstorm--but I made it through.

When the marathon gets here, I'll have been running for just under six months.  I had no idea I'd be ready for this kind of mileage so soon, but my legs continue to feel simply fantastic!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                          Emil Zatopek

The Running Green Girl

Wow, that is huge!  Congratulations!

You have the power within you to do whatever it is you want to do. Rachelle Disbennett-Lee, PhD

www.therunninggreengirl.com

Congrats!  Which race was that?  And what one was short?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Won my first race pushing a stroller this weekend.  Ran 19:37 while pushing my 14 month old...shouldn't have been fast enough to win the overall title but was pretty fun beating a field who was running on their own!  I suppose technically, my 14 month old daugher beat my by a foot since she was ahead of me.  But she was running bandit without a chip so she's DQ'd anyways.