Shoe lacing (Read 643 times)

Chris UK

Not sure if this thread will be a runner or not but here goes. Since I started running last April I have used two pairs of shoes and I have only tied my laces once on each pair - when I first got them. In fact both pairs I bought were already laced so I just needed to tie a double-bowed knot at the right tension. I tie them so that I can just get them on with the insertion of the tip of my index finger in the back of the heel (shoehorn style) whilst pulling up on the tongue. This ensures that the laces are always at the same comfortable tension eliminating any issues with overtightening. I do lots of off-road running in quite muddy conditions and I've never lost them yet. I wear Saucony Grid Jazz X. I've not seen anyone else mention this tip so I just wondered if it is unusual and might be useful for others to know?? This link provides diagrams of different lacing methods for various foot issues - http://www.newbalance.co.uk/2005/TechCentre/NB-ProperlyFit-Lacing.shtml

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, I've been doing the lace lock for a while and it works really well for narrow heels (I have duck feet--narrow heels, wide toes). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Chris UK

I must admit I have never taken any notice of how they were originally laced but looking at the diagrams in the link I see I am configured "heel slippage" style. Smile

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM